Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Theoretical Question About Unhappy/Unstable CK5 Member

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, May 13, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Me too, bed time, same time tomorrow? I'll kiss your wife goodnight for you.
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    you might do that with your family but we do not tolerate it here this is the last time you will be warned /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually got a technical question for the moderators here. If everyone on the site except the moderators have a certain person on their 'ignore' list, does that person automatically get banned? Or does it matter? Kind of like the old proverb about a tree falling in the woods.

In all seriousness, though, if there were a member who found him/her self out of place here, who wanted to swear and threaten people's lives and families, and really not contribute anything useful but argue with every single post, I would HIGHLY recommend Pirate4x4.com. It's free, and you can swear, threaten, and argue 24/7 with no technical knowledge whatsoever for the rest of your life if that's what you like.

If any member here at CK5 were so unhappy that he/she felt that Pirate was a much better match, I would gladly refund him/her their $25 if they would ask for the deletion of their membership and move on to Pirate.

Just in case there's anybody out there that this might apply to...

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Is there a way to tell if you're on an ignore list? I had ignored someone before, but they replied to one of my posts, so I took them off ignore.

I would also be curious to see if I'm being ignored. Although, if someone is ignoring me, they won't tell me, because they won't know I'm wondering.

BTW, even though I might seem unstable, that's definately not me quoted above.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you think someone has you on a ignor list, try PMing them. If it go's through, they are not ignoring you.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Some people have 'bad days' and say dumb stuff...but if that kind of behavior contiues for long enough Steve will have them join the band /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve has banned a few people over the years...but overall he hasn't been quick to make a decision like that. Most times the issues work themselves out as they should.

The ignore list is a band-aid IMO...much better to see what's being said and notify the moderator when it gets stupid.

Rene

5. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is there a way to tell if you're on an ignore list? I had ignored someone before, but they replied to one of my posts, so I took them off ignore.

I would also be curious to see if I'm being ignored. Although, if someone is ignoring me, they won't tell me, because they won't know I'm wondering.

BTW, even though I might seem unstable, that's definately not me quoted above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong... I'm completely unstable myself, and might possibly be on someone's ignore list, but as far as I can remember, I don't think I've ever actually threatened anyone in any violent manner, let alone called them in the night and threatened their whole family... You'll notice my phone number is not published...

Funny thing on that note is... About a month ago I joined a pet forum called "Animal Friends" to gather some info before having some surgery done on my dog. Somehow in the midst of asking lots fo questions, I mentioned my kids, and some Beeotch wrote back questioning my ability to parent my children. Why she thought she had enough information from a single post about dog surgery to make this call, or why she thought it was appropriate to reply in such a manner is beyond me, but of course as you might guess I really let her have it. I did not swear, I did not threaten her, but I did look up many of her old posts and found lots of her own parenting discussions from the 'General Discussion' area of the board, and pointed out many of her own inadequacies. Since I had like 7 posts, and she had like 4000, I was banned immediately. They have me banned by my home IP address, so I signed up under another name from work and have been posing as a woman with a Terrier and buddying up to this chick that got me banned. Eventually I'll lay into her again and hopefully have some deep dark secrets to uncover... See how unstable I am???

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some people have 'bad days' and say dumb stuff...but if that kind of behavior contiues for long enough Steve will have them join the band /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve has banned a few people over the years...but overall he hasn't been quick to make a decision like that. Most times the issues work themselves out as they should.

The ignore list is a band-aid IMO...much better to see what's being said and notify the moderator when it gets stupid.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I certainly have bad days and stuff. This particular person worries me a bit though with the threatening the family and such. But like you said Steve will only let it go so far.

The only reason I bring it up here is that I've just been back on here daily for maybe 3 or 4 days this week, and all of a sudden this new guy is on here in like every post with something negative to say about everything, and then argues with anyone that he gets a chance to. I thought I could amuse him for a while if he figures out I'm referring to him. I'm good at arguing without actually swearing or threatening anyone. Plus I've been feeling argumentative the past few days...

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't worry to much, most times if someone makes a threat, its most often just hype. but just incase, keep your handguns at your side, seriously. besides, he is bound to give it up sooner or later . Now I'm curious who your talking about. ( i'm feeling kinda like givin' someone a verbal a$$ whuppin) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Paul's talking about THIS guy......

He's the latest asshatted fawktard to invade our relatively peaceful site.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That would be the guy, I saw the whole thing happen from the first post to the last, last night. The guy was putting everyone down for some reason. He made some stupid crack about how terrible he thought a new member's paint job looked like and hipinion(the other guy that got banned) said something to him that is was rude. The 2 of them have a history because of what was stated above(calling hipinion's house at all hours of the night threatning him, his beautifull wife, and 3 year old son) I soon followed Jakes post and pointed out how rude the guy was, he responded with I needed to get off my "dog" and read something. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif He then made a comment about Jake's wife and that set him off and the whole argument began. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I notified all mods a few mins after it started when he wrote about how ugly he thought the CK5 calender girls were.(that pissed me off /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif) Luckely about the same time mudhog signed on and managed the threads. Even though I am a mod I can only moderate the body shop and believe me, I would have locked the thread a lot sooner before it escaladed if I could have. Mudhog did a very good job on handling the situation though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have talked to Jake(hipinion) on the phone today after hearing about the banning and he is very sad and upset. He wants me to tell everyone that he is sorry for what happened. He really misses CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have talked to Jake(hipinion) on the phone today after hearing about the banning and he is very sad and upset. He wants me to tell everyone that he is sorry for what happened. He really misses CK5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the posts, so I don't know what hi-pinion said, but from what I have seen from him in the past and talking to him through PM's, I wouldn't have a problem if he was brought back. Lord knows that I've walked the tightrope on here a time or two.............

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lord knows that I've walked the tightrope on here a time or two

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that once.....now I'm a "Sooner Worshipper".... [​IMG]

12. Can Can

Are you saying that hi-pinion got banned?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif You're kidding, right?

It might be time to talk to the Chief about this- there have been plenty of others that have deserved banning at one time or another and Steve decided it wasn't to be.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have talked to Jake(hipinion) on the phone today after hearing about the banning and he is very sad and upset. He wants me to tell everyone that he is sorry for what happened. He really misses CK5.

[/ QUOTE ] I missed the posts, so I don't know what hi-pinion said, but from what I have seen from him in the past and talking to him through PM's, I wouldn't have a problem if he was brought back. Lord knows that I've walked the tightrope on here a time or two.............

[/ QUOTE ]I know I have probably gotten on a few people's nerves a time or 2 also. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I feel bad for Jake because the reason why he got mad was from the comments about the guy sleeping with his wife. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you saying that hi-pinion got banned?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif You're kidding, right?

It might be time to talk to the Chief about this- there have been plenty of others that have deserved banning at one time or another and Steve decided it wasn't to be.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Steve said he banned both of them in "Who says too much lift is a bad thing?" thread in the garage. Jake can't access his account currently.

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you saying that hi-pinion got banned?? You're kidding, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well if that is true then that just sucks ass big time. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Jake is a totally cool guy. He's all about taking care of His Family building a truck for His son and making some friends here on CK5. I talked to Jake on the phone once about this guy and He was really worried about the threats that that guy had made twords his Wife and Son.
    This really sucks /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

16. Can Can

I agree. This is not what I expected..... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I guess I'd better not defend someone making lewd comments about my wife(which the guy did indirectly by taking a shot at the "Girls of CK5"- you may recall that my wife appeared in siad calendar, and, oh wait, MADE THE FRIGGIN' THING!!!!)- I might get banned. In fact, maybe it's time I took a little break from CK5- apparently, sticking up for your loved ones is a ban-able offence. I don't think I want to be part of a show like that. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

17. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Theoretical Question About Unhappy/Unstable CK5 Member *DELETED*

Post deleted by 1-ton

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Good one Chris /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I just had this happen tonight...posted in the wrong forum and got a smart as& remark from someone...

asked who he was and he said "Your Daddy"...

Ok I messed up and did post in the wrong place, but I was getting ready to rip into his as& /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

...then the post was gone...good thing, I stayed out of trouble /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Keep in mind that when I logged on this morning I had email from Members and PM from Members all over the place with two Members going at each other all over my forums. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    If you were a cop and someone called in that two people were shooting at each other in your neiborhood you wouldn't just arrest one, you throw them both in cuffs and figure what happened later, you first job is to get "both" of them off the street to protect the neiborhood - period. I rarely ban people let alone Members but some of the things I saw and my lack of time forced me to ban both quickly, if anyone has a problem with what I did I suggest you get over it.