Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

There and back again, my trip to Grand Junction

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Okiemuddog, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Well, I survived my first trip over the mountains to Grand Junction to get my 203 and adapter for my doubler from Doug Wright. Let me tell ya Doug and his wife are great people /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif, put me and the wife up for the night, showed us around GJ, and Doug didn't even kick my ass when I shut his finger in my truck toolbox /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. That is the most beautiful country I have ever seen, I am even trying to convince the wife we need to move over there /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif. The trip over the mountains the first time was horrible raining, cold and foggy all the way to the tunnel and the cleared up. The trip back was great, clear skies and warm, I got lots of pictures. I am going to get on the ball to get my K5 ready for BB05 /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif, I hope to meet all of you next year, I got to see Doug's picture collection and you have got some awesome wheeling over there. The grand total was right at 2000 miles in 3 days. Me the wife and the super duty are ready for a rest /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Krennen

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I always enjoy visiting my sister over there in Junction.

I think it's very scenic also.

Although I'm not convinced I would want to live there. It's too hot for my taste.

3. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

what do u mean by its to hot?

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Any place that's consistently at or close to 100*, is too hot for me.

Yeah I know I'm a light weight compared to you AZ guys. But we have an employee that grew up in AZ, so I get to chuckle every winter when she complains about the cold.

5. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

that sounds about right if it gets below 70 its to cold for me /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The trick is to wear shorts and light shirts , walk from air conditioned house to airconditioned K5 to air conditioned job . Wheel and do your stuff at night . Although I will go wheeling and stand next to the lake fishing all day in July /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The trick is to wear shorts and light shirts , walk from air conditioned house to airconditioned K5 to air conditioned job . Wheel and do your stuff at night . Although I will go wheeling and stand next to the lake fishing all day in July /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont have ac in anything but the house but it is never on, i have lived in az my hole life so i dont know what cold is. i work in the heat all day so i dont mind it at all.

8. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I just take a short drive to higher elevation and cooler temps /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Ah sometimes life is so tough

9. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I live in Gunnison''' I wish I could have a "short" drive to a lower elev. and some heat