Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

There is a god.....and he loves me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by makovai, Nov 10, 2006.

1. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

I cant beleive what i got at the wrecking yard for $11 each. I saw the rear end in a pile of rear ends in the bed of a truck that was collapsing. I new they had e-brake in them but what were the odds they were the right ones. I have already found 2 other sets of these but they wont fit the backing plates. I found another set that fit the backingplates but they are for a 1" rotors, these open to 1.2 same as the front calipers.....woohoo. Anyway, i got lucky. They are off a 78 seville (so the casting number show) and they mount up.
    Shown in pic is my new 14 bolt, with the pieces just kinda hanging on until i can buy some more JB weld:haha:

[​IMG]

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

nice score

3. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good find! I was out of luck, either the junkyards really didn't have them or I didn't look hard.
    when you get done rebuilding and cleaning up those calipers, can you take a pic of how that ebrake bracket and spring is supposed to go on? I can see how the bracket is installed from your pic but curious about the spring......
    That SOB was fighting me every which way I install it....
    I bought the Black Widow disc kit w/ ebrake for my 14BFF and wanted to paint my calipers to keep rust off. I drew up a drawing of how they're installed and put it up in my toolbox. That drawing turned up missing after the paint dried up... I pm'ed Shane from Black Widow and he said eldo calipers are out of stock and waiting on another shipment...He tried looking for something to snap a pic, but been a while so I thought I could ask you or anybody else reading this to send me a pic so I can get my discs done.

4. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

Well, i have already torn 1 apart so this is what i have. On the left is the newer style that wont work with our application, on the right is the caliper you see in the pic above. I cant seem to find the spring, or it may not have had it. I looked in the box of parts that i took the other apart and i have the spring for that one and it looks like the same spring as the caliper on the left.
    [​IMG]

5. RockinChevy

Damn.... my spring set up doesn't even look like that.... Shane said the calipers were from a 80s era Monte Carlo but similiar to eldo's... They look pretty different compared to yours and mine.. wish I had a camera to pm ya some pics.. maybe someone else got pics....

Thanks for the pic though

6. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

I'm not positive as to what i have. I will just say that they have an e-brake, they fit over the the fat 1.2" rotors, they mount to the backing plates, the casting numbers match the early eldorado brakes, and they will work.......that much i'm sure of.

But it does scare me a little that yours look alot different. I know shane knows alot more about these than i do. so I'm sure what he sold you is the correct one.

7. RockinChevy

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. I'll find out from someone eventually.
    Great score on finding those.. I had to shell out big $$$$ for mine...

Thanks for helping out bro!

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Hopefully this will help identify.

[​IMG]

As to the Monte SS/disk info, there were no 80's Monte Carlo's (any of the G-bodies for that matter) with rear disks stock.

9. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

isn't that putting your bleeder screw down there around 6-7 o'clock, on the bottom side of the caliper?