Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

There is no place like home.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by POWERMAD, Jun 3, 2003.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

After spending 24 hrs behind the wheel of a POS U-haul crossing Wy, Id and Or. I was never so damn happy to see the mountains and trees again.
    Them folks can have that wide open sage brush infested flat land.
    Hotter than the hubs of Hell too. Allthough if the A/C worked I wouldn't have minded. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Strange how an area that is so freakin hot can be so damn cold in the winter.
    Not to bad of a trip considering the exhaust, muffler and tail pipe decided to part ways and try to mate with the ol ladys car sending her into the ditch. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Then there was Boise rush hr traffic.. which turned into a wild ride when a car in front got into a semi and started to bounce off the rails and everytthing in its path. I avoided it 3 times before I got through it, kinda like NASCAR, nail the throttle and just head through it and hope for the best.
    car parts bouncing off the front and cars going everywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif scared the crap out of me, I was farting cotton balls and coughing up vinel for an hr. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    The boys thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen though.
    I was totaly amazed that I made it through it with out plowing into someone. 17 ft U-haul fully loaded doing 70MPH would have ruined someones day.
    Kinda amazed that I didn't throw a rod in that rod knockin cornbinder plant. I had that sucker maxed the entire way.

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was farting cotton balls and coughing up vinel for an hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THATS a butt clincher! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Glad to hear you made it through all the mayhem.

3. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifGlad to see you enjoyed our Flying Wye construction. Do you wonder why the speed limit is 55 through there. That mess has been under construction for many years now. At least I don't have to mess with the traffic when I go to work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Remember it's a dry heat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and it hasn't even hit 100 yet, beats the 99* I saw in Seattle when I lived there a few years ago. And I sure don't miss THAT traffic.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif