Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

There MUST be a God!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rampage, Jun 24, 2002.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

because not only did my 14B FF from Wes show up at Foward Air today but also my D60! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Christmas came early for me /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I get to go pick them up tomorrow ... SEE YA! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. wahbob

wahbob Registered Member

Fawkin Awesum /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Congrats! have fun with the install! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif do you have to do any work on them prior to install?

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You got that crate already?!?!?!?!?!?!?! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

I just took that thing to K.C. on Friday!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Yep, they must have driven non-stop because they knew how anxious I was to get it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Unfortunately it won't be until tomorrow that I can pick it up /forums/images/icons/mad.gif It's only sitting about 5 mins away from my house so I had to drive by FA last night just so I could feel like I was that much closer to having them /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

The 14B is completely rebuilt with disk brakes and a detroit locker so that will be a no-brainer. The D60 is another story. I will probably tear it apart while it's sitting out. It also needs calipers and spring plates ... and maybe even a crossover setup /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. thatK30guy

James, if you need the u-bolt plates, go to GM Parts Direct and type in these part numbers for the plates: #370055 and #370056. Each of those numbers is a left and right side for the D60. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Thanks Wes! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I was wondering where I would find those. It'll be a little while before I get the D60 installed, but I guess I should start gathering the parts for it now. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
    What about the calipers, does Napa carry them?

9. thatK30guy

Yep, any parts store should have them, or able to get them.

To get them cheaper, get rebuilt units. They will still be good as a new one and cheaper, too.

I don't know what to expect to pay for a rebuilt caliper on the D60, but don't forget the core charge, too. If I can remember right, I think one D60 caliper with no core goes for around under $50 apiece. Not too bad, unless you had some cores. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I picked them up yesterday. Wes, excellent job on the 14B, VERY purdy! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Hopefully I'll be able to borrow someone's camera before I install it. After I was done admiring your masterpiece I got to looking at the crate you built and noticed the artistic work that went into it. I'd hate to tear that thing apart ... maybe I can find a way to give it a second life /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    BTW: could you FA me something, anything, so I could meet that cute girl at the FA receiving again? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. thatK30guy

Glad to hear you finally got it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Also glad to hear it got there with no problems.

Take some pics!! Like everybody else, I wanna see them, too!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

So you met a cute girl at the FA terminal? Let's see what I have that weighs over 150 lbs. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

got any relatives or a spouse that wants to move to california?

oh and rampage when we say we want pics...we dont wanna see the 14b...we wanna see that chick at Forward Air!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. thatK30guy

I have a 21 year old bitch little miss shithead sister-in-law that I would be more than happy to ship to Forward Air in a crate so you guys can go see the chick at FA again!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

14. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

You're not trying to unload your junk on me are you? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. thatK30guy

Nah, but if you saw her for the first time, you would want to date her and possibly bang her butt a couple times! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Then when you get to know her, you will wish you never met her or will want to kill yourself! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

She's just a big PITA!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

so youre saying itd be worth it for the booootaaaayy?

Later

17. thatK30guy

Probably yeah. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Wanna hook up with her? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

18. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

that depends on one thing? would it be worth driving from VA to Kans-ASS for it? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Later

19. thatK30guy

It also depends on how much you want to listen to her whining about getting married!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

She is like that...once a guy screws her, she thinks they should get married! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

20. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

oooohhh girls like that are fun!!!! hook it up!!!!

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Later