Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

There you go, folks...gas prices

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, Apr 25, 2006.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

More BS fluff to calm the masses........

3. 89GMCSuburban

Typical response...he actually does something after people complain...and people still don't think different. Sure is much encouragement to try, eh?

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

There are refining problems, supply problems, a rapidly growing world demand, environmental considerations, political considerations.....

Promoting some BS call for "investigations" vastly oversimplifies a complicated problem. It is exactly the kind of feel good crap that I expect from politicians on both side of the aisle.

Maybe you consider it a typical response from me. I consider the plan a typical response from politicians.

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Couldnt have said it any better myself........
    -Harrison

6. 89GMCSuburban

Maybe you are forgetting the UNDERcomplicated people that make up the majority of the population that believe that it will fix something...I can think of two complainers in another thread that I can imagine will think this will fix something. Will it? No, and people who think for themselves know that. The point of this thread? To attempt to convince the idiots, because unfortunately...they also are registered to vote.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Gas is still cheap
    in 2004 when gas was around 1.80 gal Oil was 35.00 a barrel.

Now Gas is around 3.00 a gallon and oil is 75.00 a barrel.

The cost of a barrel of oil has doubled from its prices in 2004

If the cost of gas doubled because of the price of oil doubled you would be paying 3.60 a gal.

Seems to me the oil companies are doing all they can to keep the price of gas down. They only make 10 cents a gal max profit. Big Oil as a whole runs on only about a 8 % profit margin. That is the lowest profit margin of almost any industry. (compared to the 25% plus in medical/pharmicitucals) The only company which operates on less of a profit margin is Wall Mart at 3.5%. Gee... The Liberals hate them too.
    I dont see how cutting a few cents off the profit big oil makes on gas is going to help anyone.

The only way I can see for the price of gas to go down is for the government to stop gouging people for the 60-80 cents a gal FUEL TAXES they stick you for.
    If Bush would suspend Fuel taxes for a while. And open up ALL of America to domestic oil drilling. He would be a Hero. But I doubt if that will happen. The liberal democrats and the pansy ass lilly livered Republican senators would impeach him and run him out of town on a rail for that.:D

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  8. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

good luck seeing that happen