Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

There's a new bully in town,,,,,

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 4xcrazy, Apr 26, 2004.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

There\'s a new bully in town,,,,,

A new bully in town,,,and another place to add /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifMORE LIGHTS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

This darn thing i have had for like 6 months, bought it from someone via internet, said it was for a Chevy, well if it was, it was for a very early chevy, bumper pattern didn't match.
    SOOOOOO, i spent anout 2 hours with the angle grinder, cutting and grindin away,,,(sorta felt like Supersize75 there for awhile /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) anyway, i got it to match my bumper pattern and rewelded up the bolt brackets. Luckily, those lights i had mounted top my bumper didn't have to move, they just barely fit in between the side plates.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on, just very tired, we worked all weekend on our trucks, and didn't really get crap done, I did however get my new leaf springs installed,,,actually i only used two leaves from the new/used pack that Juanblzer traded with me, just installed them in with the originals, adding two more leafs to the pack, that in itself raised up the bootie end of the tank and is a night and day difference in the way it drives. I was hoping to get the shackle flip done this weekend as well, but when i started emoving bolts, well, trying, ther were stuck to the bushing sleeves, and at the moment i didn't have any replacement bushings for them anyways, so that will get done another day i guess. Anyway, here's a few pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The spring job,,,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here it is after the added leaves, those who have seen my truck, kow how low the rear sat, it looks in thins picture that the rear is still slightly lower than the front, but bellieve me, it is up ALOT more than before, rides a heck of a lot better too. Now i just need to throw some 35's under there. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    [​IMG]

Anyhoo, i'm done being a pic whore, ready to do some wheelin, hope to see some of ya soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: There\'s a new bully in town,,,,,

Hey when you left my house with your extension cord, you took my orange cord holder. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif Anyways lets wire up my garage soon so we can work without all those darn cords . I am beat too, but wouldn't ya know it , after shower and food I can't sleep /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I could have sworn that was mine from when i was truckin. Used it for my green cord i used to carry when we went camping.

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Looks alot better! Goodbye saggy butt! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Uhoh...more lights that can't be good /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Uhoh...more lights that can't be good

[/ QUOTE ]

Tj's scared of the dark /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Gotta ward off them vampires when i come around the corner.

Next time you see one of those huge spot lights out in the east side somewhere, it's not a spot light, it's me wheelin at night somewhere. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You better get yourself a better alternator with all those lights on that thing. The stocker probably isn't going to keep up with all them on.

I know that my stocker didn't like it when I would kick on my brights and my ProComp 130's (2) at the same time. The alt voltage would drop noticeably.

Harley

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah i definately need another alternator to run everything without headache. When i hit all these on as it is, the volt meter drops down to about 9 volts, and you can hear the alt working at it to keep things runnin. Luckily i have a lifetime warranty.

I have another alternator from another vehicle i thought about using with a secondary battery, just need to finger out a mounting setup for it to continue using the sepentine belt setup.

9. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I have another alternator from another vehicle i thought about using with a secondary battery, just need to finger out a mounting setup for it to continue using the sepentine belt setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always do away with the AC compressor. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

UUUUUUMMMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You can run a pontiac 140 amp alt. then fry your primary charging loop, argue with the local auto electronics shop, go to the local lowrider stereo store and replace the charging wire with 4ga only to wish you actually used 2ga. Well that is how I remember it going for me. But the alternator itself is almost a complete bolt in. Just need a $5 pigtail connector and cut/soder (sp) two wires. I really got it all figured out now. (famous last words)

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'm thinkin a much much much much much bigger alternator. Goodness gracious me TJ you have a 4 plus volt drop when you hit all those lights. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

By the way folks, they are pretty daggum cool when he turns them all on.

All you need now TJ is to make them flash with different colors and a disco ball for a hood ornament to go with that thumpin stereo and you can be a mobile party central.

Well maybe not. But that light bar is pretty dang cool. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

13. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    All you need now TJ is to make them flash

[/ QUOTE ]

In the works, don't know why, but i guess just something to play with while out on the trails. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif