Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

There's a reason Rise Against made a lame CD...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

A few years ago, I bought a random CD by a band I'd never heard of... Three years later, it's still one of my favorite and most-played CD's... It's "The Unraveling" by Rise Against... After some research, I found that they had another CD, "Revolutions Per Minute." I vowed to buy it soon... Instead I waited until a year after their third CD, "Siren Song of the Counter Culture" was out...

I bought their third CD back in August, but like I mentioned in another post it's kinda hard to get into... There are some good songs that are Rise Against style, but wayyyyy too political... Okay, so half these guys are vegetarians, and the band is obviously extreme liberals... I can handle that, at least they make awesome music...

Today, I was cruising around Cheyenne listening to "The Unraveling" when I remembered that I still needed to buy the second CD........ SO to Ernie November I went... Ernie November, by the way, is the only place to buy CD's in Cheyenne, Wyoming and the couple other places they have a store... The mall is huge and sucks arse... Plus Ernie November has freebies they give out to loyal customers such as myself :)

Anyway, I bought the CD, and of course it's awesome... No slow acoustic bullcrap songs like that one they play on the radio all the time... No "I hate President Bush and everything that goes wrong in the world is his fault and oh yeah the war is a lie." None of that...

I'm ripping the CD onto my computer as we speak, and I decided to take a look at the booklet inside the CD case... Lyrics, thanks, credits, you know how it goes... On the last page, in a box, it says this:

Then it lists some books that were either high school reading or obviously liberal texts...

THEN:

Well that sucks...

I can handle their vegetarianism... I can even listen to their music if they're liberals (since most of the music I make is created by those types)... Holy crap, though... PETA????? MIKE MOORE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I AM angry, at PETA and Michael Moore...

Lame...

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

PETA

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

got nothing against those guys...

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

eh im so-so on likeing rise against dont know weither i like them or not...will have to give them a few more listens....

i was gonna make a post your playlist post last night but my playlist would require up to 3 posts to do so >.<

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah, I have to laugh at some of the bands I see live down the way in Pierre

"NO MORE BLOOD FOR OIL!"

Yeahhhh...

Makes me want to start a band

"Hey, hippy, the only thing you have is PRETENTION"

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Wellllll.......

Don't judge them on the stuff that gets played on the radio, that's not what they're like...

Actually, don't judge them by anything but a few songs on "Siren Song of the Counter Culture" that I don't know the name of... Their other two albums are where it's at...

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Your purchase dollars support their liberal cause. I used to love drinking Evian too, but my revulsion for the French overrrides my desire for a good drinking water. Yeah, it's a small thing, but I vote with my wallet.....

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like most of the music I've heard from Rise Against. Couldn't care less for thier political views. Call me a cheap bastard, but I still download music off the internet.

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah theyre a good band, i like them, just like remembering never i dont agree with their views.