Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

There's a tire on my roof

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

There\'s a tire on my roof

Yep... I went to MOABDADC22's house after work today and after a trip to Home Depot, a "street cock," some swearing, drilling, siliconing, screwing (not of each other /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif), and beating.... I finally have my roof rack installed on the Exploder...

Came home and threw my spare tire up on the roof, tied it down nice n tight...

I cruised up and down the curb a few times at several rates of speed, and the tire seems to be secure... bounces a little, I think tomorrow I'll buy some ratcheting tie-down straps... Also makes it considerably more top heavy, but I can deal with that... One of these days I want to get me a rear bumper with a tire carrier... almost got one tomorrow, but my frame is 2.5 inches too narrow to use it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But enough rambling, I uploaded the pics to Webshots, so in a while they'll be viewable and I'll put the links up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: There\'s a tire on my roof

He said[ QUOTE ]
    "street cock"

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well, Webshots officially blows... Apperantly the pictures are supposed to be viewable after a half hour... usually it's before, this time It's been damn near an hour /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So I uploaded the pics to fordtruckworld.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Here's the driver's side:

[​IMG]

If the pic doesn't show, my gallery is here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He said[ QUOTE ]
    "street cock"

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Disclaimer: It wasn't my idea to call it that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And a reply to my post (because I love reading and replying to my posts), I always laugh when I see the pic of my Explorer when I bought it... And then look at what I've done to it... It's totally different for the worse (as far as looks go) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But at least I don't have a nice truck to worry about banging against a rock... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif