Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

theres gas everywhere...RUN

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by win717, Apr 29, 2003.

1. win717

win717 Registered Member

Well my 79 blazer is a 350 2 barrel carb(was 4barrel from factory)headers...anyway I put on a new proformer intake and a rebuilt rodchester 4barrel carb,and as soon as you start it up gas POORS out of the plunger on top of the carb,I bought it off a running 75 blazer so I'm pretty sure its ok...Did I do something stupid?hook something up wrong..I don't have the egr on it..I have the power steering line hooked up to the back,the pvc valve on the front,vacuum line to the vacuum advanvce.and there is 2 openings in the front of the carb and one on the back i plugged..and also unplugged to check and still gas comes out??any clue what I did wrong?
    I know this isn't easy to answer without seeing my mess..the /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif truck does start but after 30 seconds or so it stalls like its not getting any of the gas?

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Not trying to be a smart a$$,but are you sure you dont have a gas line hooked in place of a vaccumm line? That is what is sounds like to me, IMHO pull you main gas line and your vent line and make sure you got then hooked up correctly.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Sounds like maybe the float is stuck. Tap on the bowl and maybe it will release.

4. win717

win717 Registered Member

lol..don't think I didn't check that..i thought maybe in my rush thats what i did..but no its in the right place i even replaced the fuel filter

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I bet when you shoved the line back on, a small piece of something got stuck under the seat. If tapping the carb to release the possible stuck float, You might have to pop off the top and clean the needle and seat. Happened to me a few times.

6. win717

win717 Registered Member

After I take the top off..can I go out and buy just the gasket?..or will I need to buy a rebuild kit..I was thinking bout pulling the top off to see whats going on

7. win717

win717 Registered Member

I read all kinds off questions in this forum ..someone asks something and a couple of people say what they think the problem is and so on..and most times you never know if there problem was fixed.if the amswers given were right...Well let me be the first to say yes its fixed..I read I should try to tap the carb..the float maybe sticking..well as soon as I read that I went outside(in the rain)with a screw driver..and tapped the front and sides of the case of the carb with the handle...and went inside the truck...hit the key started right up and...no gas,all I need to do is set the timeing and off I shall go...so in less then a hour after posting my problem its solved..so thanks a bunch(my wife thanks you too she was tired of hearing my complain and smelling like gas)

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

The easy ones are the best ones. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Glad that worked for you. I ran Holley carbs for years and every now and then the same thing would happen to me. It's a quick, cheap fix too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haha saw how long that post was and thought it was gonna be a rant cause you like sparked and burned up your k5 or something /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Where in Pa are you from?

11. win717

win717 Registered Member

Near harrisburg,york area