Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thermostat control reloaction for way custom dash

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Nov 15, 2000.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about building a custom dash for the old K5 and I want to relocate the AC, Heat, Vent controler. I have seen this done in the past and I have tried to mess around with it on my old S-10 but its tough to get the thing working right after it has been taken apart...also I want to relocate the vents..does anyone have any experiance in dash work like this? What is a good way to extend the vacuum hoses...and the damper door cable...any one?? Maby DBLAZER....

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't be too hard. You can get vacuum tube couplers at any auto parts store, to extend the tubes. Many auto parts stores also sell replacement vent hose in long lengths for custom vent locations. As for the cable, I would look to use a longer factory cable which can be cut down to length, or Lockar cables. Vintage air also makes custom vents if your looking for a different shape or size vent to fit your new application. Hope this helps! And lets see some pics of the job! Good luck!

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Brent,

I've been toying with this idea also. I was planning to move the control to the center, so longer lines might not be required. One of the Import Car mags has an article on dash fabbing on a BMW M3. I'll try to find it and post it. I also have some shots of prerunner style dashes if that would help. Email me direct if ya need any.

Max Power, December 2000 has the article on the dash.

Michael[​IMG][​IMG]