Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thermostat?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

if i changed my thermostat, would it make my heat more hot and my ac be cold?
    what should i change to do that?
    cause im tired of bein cold in the winter! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif and need a change /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif thanks

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

check the temperature gauge in the dash. when the truck is running and warmed up, where does the temperature gauge read? it should be at the 180 deg. point or slightly higher. if it's not the thermostat is opening too soon and the engine is not warming up as it is supposed to, a new thermostat should cure that. if it is reaching the proper temperature, the flap in the heater box that blends the warm and cold air could be broken/out of adjustment and it's not regulating the air mixture to your vents.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Never really payed attention to the AC setup operation, but the condensor is in front of the radiator..if the fan is going, even at idle engine temp shouldn't affect the AC operation much.

As to the heater, the higher the t-stat/engine temp, the hotter the air coming out will be.

195* t-stat was stock, 195* is good.