Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thermostats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTChevy, Aug 25, 2005.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Im always buying cheap thermostats. ive had some fail within a week! hahah. Ive always put 195's in but after a while the temperatures would fluctuate, and thermostat would stick closed. I was wondering what thermostat brands do you guys like and where do you get em? Im going to buy a good quality one this time

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Robertshaws at one time were supposed to be really good, but now I think they are owned by Mr Gasket(?) and I've heard quality has gone downhill as of late.

AC Delco's seem to be the ones people swear by. I've heard of one or two of those bad out of the box, but nowehere near the aftermarket failure rate.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I've had good luck with the Milodon high flow thermostats.

4. RustyParts

RustyParts 1/2 ton status

In my old stock car days we would take a piece of aluminum plate that would fit where the thermostat goes and drill a 3/8" hole in it. Some times we would have to experiment with the hole size, but it would keep our stock car cool and we never had to worry about it failing!