Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

These reporters are morons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Fawking Morons

[ QUOTE ]
    NBC News’ Jim Miklaszewski reported that U.S. forces had launched a preliminary wave of attacks using B-1, B-2, B-52 bombers, as well as F-117 “stealth” bombers flying from three aircraft carriers, against what senior U.S. military sources described as a “key air node” and a “national command center.”

[/ QUOTE ]

The only one of these that will even fit on a carrier is the f-117 and it's not capable of taking off or landing on one. Besides they are all Air Force jets. For the money these pompous a$$es make you'd think they know something about what they are talking about. He is after all the Pentagon Coraspondent...what an ID10T

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Maybe he meant to say the experimental models...you know, the "GU11" or the "B1RD"? LOL!! Maroons! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Maybe we can keep this thread alive with all the stupid crap we will hear during this time.

So far, I haven't heard anything too stupid; but I did notice that Ted Koppel wasn't up on the line with the troops, but back at the DIV TOC. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Maybe he didn't like riding in the back of a Bradley /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I'm watching Fox News. They report I decide /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. Stickseler

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm watching Fox News. They report I decide

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I got woke up to air raid sirens on fox @ 0530, By 0630 they said they were not Scuds but Frogs...at 0730 driving into work CBS radio was saying that the launch of Scuds shows he had WMD's and is in violation....Geeeze I wish these people would get there s#!t together.

BTW Bubba looks like A/3/7 has a reporter with em sory dude you get to see everything they do /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    said they were not Scuds but Frogs

[/ QUOTE ] Wow, finally someone found a use for the French! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

They also said that the missles were not SCUDS, but the Al Sammoud II missles that they had reportedly destroyed. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I heard they were also using Chinese Silkworm Missles, which they were also not supposed to have...either way, they're all about as accurate as a blind man with an uzi.

8. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I heard they were also using Chinese Silkworm Missles, which they were also not supposed to have...either way, they're all about as accurate as a blind man with an uzi.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a blind man has an uzi he does not need to be accurate. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 4x4dreamer

From what I understand, Uzi's aren't accurate at all, but then again, they aren't rifles...but a blind man with an uze oughta miss just about everything. Kinda like a Scud.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW Bubba looks like A/3/7 has a reporter with em sory dude you get to see everything they do

[/ QUOTE ]
    Probably some junior "I need to make a name for myself" dude. I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell wouldn't be riding into battle with a fawking reporter on my track. That's valuable ammo and pogey bait space being wasted. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

12. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

From the NY Times:

[​IMG]

The caption says "An F-14 Tomcat landing on the carrier Abraham Lincoln following a mission. "

OK Navy folks, how many things can you find wrong with this picture other than the fact that this aircraft is obviously getting ready to launch? (Not land)

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Are F-14 still in use?? I thought they were ancient technology by now. Wayyyyy back when I was a boy scout, one of my patrol names was the Tomcats. Our patch was the "Anytime Baby" patch...
    I can't tell because it's been too long since I knew any more distinction than "Aircraft" and "submarine"...

14. 4x4dreamer

Air Force Brat here....

you mean other than the fact that it's an F-18?

15. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you mean other than the fact that it's an F-18?

[/ QUOTE ]

You win the cookie!!

Of course it may just be a B-52 on the aircraft carrier that is made to LOOK like an F-18. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

17. Stickseler

Yea they would ratehr watch these guys
    [​IMG]

18. 4x4dreamer

I'll take an Oreo...Double stuff please.

Next thing you know they'll have Spitfire's on Aircraft carriers...y'know, the ones that carries Sidewinders...

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Fox may be a little closer to the truth, but they were jumping the gun reporting tons of "We think" and "We just heard"'s all day. The best part of that is that they said "We think" and "just heard" and didn't call it truth or fact out of the box. While Fox is the target of that cartoon, I look at it more focused on the industry as a whole. Good point, though, Fox is a lesser evil, lol.

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Since I've already PMed ya my thoughts on Ted Koppel, here's part of the reason why. While he was talking, him and Pete talked about how someone taller than 5'4'' couldn't drive a Bradley comfortably. I don't know about him, but I'm 5'11'' and didn't have a problem driving one. And as for the six grunts in the back comfortably, HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah right!!!