Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

These Spacers OK?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Jun 12, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Ebay link

Would these Spacers be OK to widen the rear track of a 14ff to be closer to that of a Dana 60, Or should I look around to find some steel Spacers?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i just scaned it and it said for the 88-up metric 14mm studs. but this is the better popular style. i am going to get a 14ff van axle to get my 3" wider. only because my donor axle has a bad spindle chewed up bad. so swap gears and get wider axle all in one.

3. dcubb

dcubb 1/2 ton status

I'm running that type of spacer on my 14bff. Absolutely no problems with them. However, just for the hell of it, I had a machinist buddy of mine make me up a pair of 6061 aluminum sleeves to fit snug between the inside bore of the spacer and the outside diameter of the hub, in essence making the spacer "hubcentric". That's a pretty good price on those ebay spacers, (if the machining quality is good). Got mine from Performance Wheel for a little under $200 to my door. Still would rather have a wider van axle though. BTW, where 'bouts in La are you?

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Are the spacers from Performance using press-in studs or just regular grade 8 bolts?

5. dcubb

dcubb 1/2 ton status

They're press in wheel studs. The quality of these spacers are very good. I check the torque often, haven't had any problems with them getting loose. Don't think I would be comfortable running these type spacers, (or any type for that matter) on a half ton 6 lug axle with those chicken $hit little 7/16" studs. Just my opinion.

6. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Gonzales, Louisiana And don't worry, I'm Going Won Ton so these spacer won't be going on no stinkin' 10 Bolt! :grin:

7. dcubb

dcubb 1/2 ton status

Hey BigCountryx, I'm from right around the corner, (Killian, to be exact) been working on the road for about 10 years now but get back to La every couple of months. Good to holler at somebody back home in the swamp!