Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

They think they caught that bear in TN!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Apr 16, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Just saw a news story on that 6 year old girl who was killed and dragged off by that bear in TN..they shot and killed a bear in the area today....guess they will do an autopsy and see if any human remains are in it...HmmmLP!!:ignore:

They'll probably have every black bear killed in a 100 mile radius I bet now....:doah: ..I'ts terrible a kid was killed,but I bet a lot more bears will die now, than tourists ever will.....bear was probably just protecting cubs,or was real hungry...in the wrong place,at the wrong time..:(

2. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Coulda been protecting cubs, although I don't think they tend to drag the victims off in that case. Coulda been real hungry, and was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or it coulda been like they say it might be, the bear might not be right in the head. Regardless, and this is just MHO, I don't mind a few bears being put down to prevent something like this happening. According to the article, the aggression shown by this bear was like nothing they've seen really. Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying for sure, I just feel in this case it might be warranted. :(

3. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Yeah I read that this morning, I think its pretty dumb to kill them too. Just like in Grizzyman after that wacko and his gf got eaten they killed a few grizzlies.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats why I carry a sidearm while hiking, it would be easy to ID the exact bear that came at me. It would be the one bleeding from the multiple .45 size holes.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

:thumb: Ditto

I look at it this way. If you dont want to be part of the food chain. Either protect yourself or stay out of the woods. .

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Thank you! :bow: While Im not some wacko environmentalist or anything, I do think its very unfair for the bear to be hunted down and killed. A bear is a deadly animal, thats a risk one takes when venturing out into the wilderness...