Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

They tried to steal my front shaft &%¤/&%¤/%¤

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Oddball, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Oddball

Oddball Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    This morning I saw some fotsteps in the snow next to the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif.. Ok so some one liked it and had a look..

Drove to work with no problems.

After work there was 2 inches of fresh snow so i locked my hubs to be able to have 4x4.
    WHAT Da F**K . klunking sounds when i started moving. With only 2 hi. Got out and looked under. the front shaft was lying on the crossmember. 2 bolts was put on the crossmember away from the shaft. NO WAY they got there by them self. 2 other bolts i dont know where is.

They had tried to steel it during the night. But after the upper bolts was off i guess they didnt manage to hold the shaft from rotating and didnt get out the lower bolts.

Got those 2 bolts back in and drove home. I got som spare bolts in the garage.. gotta put em in tomorrow.

Nothing damaged. but it is pissing me off /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

we are not that many /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif here. and one of us tried to get a front shaft cheap.. i wonder if they knew it would fit ?
    most of the trukcs here run a np203 and my shaft wont fit since i have a np205.

I'm thinking of gluing a .357 hollow point to the crossmember.
    You'll think they get the point ? lol

Frustrated regards from Norway

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Man somebody got some big balls trying to steal your front driveshaft. I would start looking around and see who doesn't have a front shaft in their K5 or similar vehicle. Glad they didn't get away withit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Dude, admit it. You were blitzed and tried to remove it for some other reason. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Kidding.... what is going on lately everyone is getting stuff stolen. People need to spank their kids more.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea tell me about it...crazy stuff to...i never heard of someone stealing that kinda stuff of a truck lol..mostly people break INTO cars for stuff..lol.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    what is going on lately everyone is getting stuff stolen.

[/ QUOTE ] What about a few weeks ago the guy that couldnt start his truck, when he looked his starter was gone. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

that kinda stuff is freakish...thats odd..here we leave my dads 64 impala out a lot and you would think something would get taken form it but nothing yet..*knock on wood*..but i put it in the garage today! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I have a whole box of exacto knife blades and I tack weld those little suckers on any thing I can, did it to my girls bronco and a few weeks ago some one broke in and took the sub box but the bolts on the amp sliced there hands to hell, blood every where, and the police cought them for speeding and ya know what that led to........ plus the kid lives near me and lets just say we had a serious confrentation and I need a new panel for my truck, and my dad is a little dissapointed in how I handled this I just and glad I didn't use the breaker bar that was within reach, or I could of just used one of those worthless 10 bolts on the side of the house /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. st08x

st08x Registered Member

i swear man, people always mess with my truck. i had it broken into right in my driveway, the little vent window broke, stereo jacked, the whole deal, didnt touch my cd's though
    pics of my k5

9. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

what part of texas?when i got my truck home,i heard clunking? got home all the bolts were out of the flange for 205 driveshaft just rolling around??? grade 8 bolts put on with impact gun /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifwhered they go? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

sorry man, just picturing the look on your face /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

You can buy a cheap engraving tool and put your driver's license number or VIN on all the parts you work on. Just do it as you go. I used to live in Houston (home of the five-finger-discount auto parts) and was continually loosing hubcaps on our family vehicle. I paid someone to engrave the VIN in big letters on the hubcaps and they never dissapeared again.

Dirty little buggers would take two at a time until I "marked" them. It was funny cause you could see little guys eyeballing them at a stop light and it was obvious they noticed the engraving.

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Use locktite or they will back out. Sort of common on the 205.

13. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

who me?i only drove like 1 1/2 miles home at like 20mph
    just trying to break everything in /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

a few weeks ago every wrangler and cherokee in our school parking lot got the stereo jacked from it. this was in the middle of school in broad daylight. almost 20 cars without stereos and the cherokees all have broken windows. the wranglers just got the windows cut (prob more expensive to replace). i knew that campus cop wasnt worth a damn

15. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

I have a whole box of exacto knife blades and I tack weld those little suckers on any thing I can,

[/ QUOTE ]

damn! I like the way you think. I can get utility knife blades free at work. I find that an AK47 with 30 round bannana sticking out the bottom does wonders for attitudes also, that and three cow dogs.

16. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

three cow dogs

[/ QUOTE ] huh?

17. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

In reply to:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

three cow dogs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
    1 half breed austrailan shepherd, 1 full blood austrailan shepherd and 1 border collie left outside tend to keep the disreputable neighbors at baythough it scares the crap outta the neibor kids when I see flashlights on the easment through our property and kick the door open and all three dogs go tear assin after them with me yellin get a hold of them sonsabitches.

18. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

luckilly we havnt had a truck broken into. We park all our rigs in the back, my dad poared a slab behind the house so we have our own private parking lot /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

19. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

When I lived in juneau I drove by the ford dealership and the front bumper on a brand new f350 was missing and the bolts were just laying on the ground. I asked a friend that worked there about it he said yep some a s s hole stole it. funny thing was is that at the time there weret many newer body style f 350's running around.

20. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Oh sorry man, i meant to tell you i borrowed your bolts while your truck was at mobil, sorry

just kidding, that sucks though, maybe the impact gun didn't have pressure or something