Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

They're Here They're Here

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by jimmyjack, Jul 9, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

They\'re Here They\'re Here

The rain is here /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif We had a storm blow through last night another big one is on the way according to the systems office at work. Time to open the forest back up.

Oh yeh, my motor is in and running. Still gotta do some little tweaking, but it's ALIVE!!!!!!!!

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Re: They\'re Here They\'re Here

I knew it was coming yesterday afternoon - fawkin' humidity coupled with the heat nearly kicked my ass. Thankfully the rain came, and you'd think it never rained before - within 5 minutes of the first drop, we were in the middle of Mission & Valencia with the first monsoon car crash of 2002 /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Both UMC and St. Mary's ended up with packed houses too, people just can't function when it rains in this state /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. FWP

FWP CRS

It was cool watching it rain for first time in God knows how long. Yeah Jeff, I been sweating my ars off in the garage the last week too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

What was that? Did I just hear Fred complain about the heat in Prescott? I still don't have A/C in my house! Hopefully I'll be able to find the parts to fix it tomorrow.

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna shut the swamper off really damned soon and fire up the AC unit. It's unbearable.

6. Greenblazer-AZ

I wish I had a swamp cooler... All I have is a heavy duty fan.

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Jeeeez, thats rough!!! I couldn't handle not having my AC this time of year. It's not that much more than the swamper. It just alooooong time to get the kids to shut doors around here /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Must be nice - ALL we've got is the swamper and a room A/C that cools an area roughly the size of my recliner (Strategic furniture placement 101 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ).

9. Greenblazer-AZ

Well the A/C fan is in the shop being repaired right now. I'll have A/C in about 3 or 4 hours. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well i got to see thunder storms on this side of the state, YUMA, but i also get a bit hotter here. and i have AC... hehe. and heavy duty fans... but anyway, if yall look in my pictures on here, hell i put a link in
    http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun27
    there we go.. i decided to cut the front a bit like marv's. just dotn have enough time right now so i will repost pics. i am pulling the frame to get sandblasted. then i have a few mods to do to it and it will be powdercoated. then some more fun starts. roll cage and line-x. after all that i start on the motor anf front suspension. plan on moving the front axle foreward an inch or two. longer springs up front maybe and even might move the shackle to the front up front.
    let me know what yall think of the pictures.
    grant

11. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.

I like it Grant!!!I wonder how many "blue" k/5's they made...cause I've got two and I sure see a whole shitload of them!!So you are going to 44's with 5" lift??? Geez...I thought I was "sawzall happy" with 4" lift and 38's!!!I had to cut the front fenders all the back to the firewall.But they do stuff inside the fenders nicely when flexed!You right you do need the dana60 and 14 bolt diffs!!!Keep cutting Grant...you're almost there!!!Don't need no stinkin' doors,hardtop,tailgate,fenders and all that luxery stuff!!! Mike

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well, i just need to get a bit more off the front. that should be good. i might have to do a one inch body lift for the doubler but i will find out when it happens. allen's blazer is blue to. i just need more money. i also decided to TRY the CMT joinds and crome molly shafts in the D44. i am sure i will grenade the gears and carrier a few times, but oh well. maybe then i will put it in another rig and buy a D60.
    grant

13. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Mike you just like the sound of the metal being cut....

14. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.

YEAH your'e right Craig....I love the sound of of an sawzall!!!I had to get my "fix" and cut the new project's rear rockers Saturday!I might be able to help you out on the a/c part and maybe the rear seat.Do you have some 15x10 6 lug wheels around?Mike

15. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

wahoo the rain has hit. i can't wait to get back home.

16. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Stupid storms. My house is being blown to the ground, rain coming under every damned door in the house. My satellite dish shut down bcos of the lightning. The dogs are freaking out and shitting all over the back porch..........and the forest is still closed!!! What do they want??? SNOW!!!!!!!!???????? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

17. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What kind are you thinking about (rims)? I'll check with Dan this week and see what he has....