Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thieves and x-mas lawn ornaments

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by clstolten, Dec 11, 2005.

1. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

I woke up this morning and went to let the dogs out, and noticed that my 6' tall blow up Homer Simpson Santa was gone. I was pissed. My yard is 2.5 acres and fenced in with a catle gate at the end of the driveway. There is snow on the ground and they definently opened the gate to get in. The wierd thing is that they chained it shut exactly the way I do. They also dumped along the road next to the fence two cases of empty budwieser cans, empty swisher sweets, newports and marlboros, as well as sunflower seed shells. So I doubt they were young kids that did it. Has anybody set up a camera that works with a motion sensor? I have an old VCR and harbor freight has a cheep camera, but I just need to figure out how to make it record when motion is detected. Any ideas?

2. wildbilzrydn

wildbilzrydn 1/2 ton status

A guy I work with had some idiot cutting his Xmas lights while he was away, He told me he got a NIB surveillance system at Sam's club for something like $90. I guess it came with a camera and a monitor, and he was going to hook it up to a VCR and a Timer. I don't know how it ever came out though.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

that sucks, drive around and loof for him in windows!

the only thing i can think of is one of them game cams, that take pic or vids, from motion, even in the dark

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Yeah, use one of the game cams, with the flash on. It'll scare the hell out of 'em when that flash goes off and have them runnin' for miles! :D

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

my logitec web cam came with software that allows it to record when motion is detected,m
    not sure how well it would hold up out side but its worth a try
    less than 50 bucks

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Screw the camera system, booby trap the ornaments. Some poor, unsuspecting doer of no good shows at your residence early in the morning to make off with poor old 20 year old plastic Rudolph, the second he begans to pull old Rudolph up out of the ground BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

The SOB gets blown into goldfish food and very valuable lesson is hopefully learned by other doers of bad deeds.........................:D

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Your plastic Rudolph would be taken out too, that's the problem with that.

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

sacrifices must be made for the good of mankind

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Small sacrifices are necessary, in this case, a plastic rudolph.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

happens here too...

Cops here just busted 3 teens for slashing a womans inflatable santa claus ornament,and they admitted to a vandalism spree thats gone on for a few weeks now,and thousands of dollars in damage and thefts..the lady's husband saw them do it,an followed their car to a local mall,and got the plate #..:D

I bet they slap their wrists and let them go,just like the S.O.B.'s that shot out 25,000 bucks worth of winshields and storefront windows with pellet guns not long ago....paintball crimes are rampant around here too.:mad: .

.I'm afraid to park my truck for sale near the street due to the fact it will be a target for jerks with BB guns,beer bottles,etc..:mad: ..if they get caught,they should just break their trigger fingers,or slash their hands if they like knives..or take away thier licences if all they do is ride around and vandalize things..:mad:

They also had another cemetary get 150 gravestones knocked off their bases or smashed in a nearby town..prisoners from the Plymouth County jail were used to help re-set them..if I saw anoyne do that to a gravestone,I'd be locked up for putting them UNDER one...:mad: ..a$$holes..:crazy: