Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thieves I Hate Punk Ass Thieves

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RootBreaker, Oct 19, 2005.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok.... so I live in a nice neighborhood...
    My wife informed me that someone has been getting into cars lately.... they dont BREAK in.. just go into open cars and take whatever they can quickly...

So I made sure the camaro was locked... well the keyless remote is broke so it is a pita....

anyway... I left it open once or twice.... in the am I got into my car at about 5:30 am... like usual but my slayer cd was on the floor.... ok no biggie picked it up... the went... OH ****!!! reached under the seat... all cd's there in the case...money in the open cupholder.... some silver change... wifes ear rings in the ash tray (crappy ones i believe but they still left them)

so got out of the car and looked in the back seat....
    DAYUM TOOK MY COLEMAN BATTERY JUMPBOX!!!! jumpbox, air compressor, 2 different lights all in 1...

so Im ticked.. .look around and it is laying next to our mailbox.. must have been too heavy :loser:

so I have been keeping my car locked... and reported it in.. just a FYI to the police.. the cop said no one in our area was reporting anything....Well right before he left.. he got a call a few developments down.. someone else called.... the cop said it is kids just taking stuff for bragging rights of what they have stolen....

So I tell my neightbors... so they are aware.... well my neighbor across the street, 2 houses down tells me his RIO mp3 player was stolen out of his car.... ****ERS!!!!! :twak:

aight so anyway.. been about a week or 2.... now I get in my car and driving down the road... for some reason this morning.. I reach under my seat and cant reach my cd case.... well I drive to wawa and get out...

LIL FRICKEN B-I-T-C-H A-S-S F-A-G-S STOLE MY CDS THIS TIME... they are gonna pay... 30 cd's... figures and I was saying I need to make copies so I dont get them stolen.... well at least i have most in mp3 format anyway...

hope they like MotorHead, Slayer, Testament, Judas Priest, Limp Biscut, Korn, Megadeth, Metallica, Overkill

I have x-10 home automation in my house.. have been messing with it and just got it working last night..

check it out..
    http://rootbreaker.no-ip.com:443
    login name/password

guest/guest
    you wont have rights to do anything.. :naughty:

aight well I have a camera so guess what im going to do...
    put the camera in my car and also I got a motion sensor... gonna put that in the car.... or at least see what I have to do....

the way the x-10 works if you dont know.. is you give the motion detector a code... say A-6 ( You can choose A-P and 1-16 for up to 255 hard coded house codes however with motion sensors you can use the upper boundaries... say Q-Z for more codes)

so you trip the motion sensor... it yells out A-6 and the receiver picks it up and sends it through your electrical line back to the computer.. to which the computer looks at its events and says... ok A-6 = L1 On.... L1 could be a light.. so it will turn the light on...
    the only problem I have is my camera is wireless and uses batteries.... for me to use the address stuff I will have to have it plugged into a ac adapter....

so I may just go buy a 300+ gb hd and put in my computer and have the computer record from say 9pm - 4am

so im going to continue to leave the car open... going to put a cd case back in the car with a label saying...

Entire CD Collection in MP3 Format - 5900 songs

I will also put a few pieces of tile in it saying different stuff like... Looser... Busted... Hey did you smile for the camera... FAG....

IM SO P-I-S-S-E-D

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That X-10 stuff looks really cool. You can control everything from your computer? And veiw the camera over the net?

Put a giant rat trap under the seat just for fun. Tape it. Share with the group. :D

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

yes you can control it all from your computer.... or another computer via web.... runs a local web server..... cameras over net = yes... record to vcr yes...
    you can even record macros having it watch what you do for say a week.... then replay them while on vacation...
    you can control heat/ac, sprinklers, outlets, etc....

www.homeseer.com

they have a new version out... $200 though.... but im thinking of becoming a reseller and installer.... try and get some side work....

it is also so fricken cheap....

www.x-10.com

look for current bulk deals..

example..
    I bought a kit for $70 will list rough price of stuff
    pc adapter - $50
    screw in light control - $15
    motion detector x 2 = $50
    appliance module =$15
    lamp modules x 2 = $30

so buy kits and get stuff cheaper...

you can also goto radioshack and buy their stuff.. same thing and not expensive....

wanna see my list of devices and part numbers to see what you can buy???

http://rootbreaker.no-ip.com/x10/x10_configuration.xls

you can buy the desktop controller and 1 lamp module or 1 light switch and you can control a light from your bed...... that simple.... then expand.. to pc interface and stuff.... plus you can do outlet replacements versus the module plugins... I have 5 single controlled outlets.. top outlet is controlled and bottom is hot all the time.. then I got 2 double controlled outletes...
    My co worker just said that :laugh:

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like you have the whole house covered. I'm going to have to look into that when I move - that is really cool stuff. :waytogo:

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Set up some sort of bell in your bedroom hooked up to that motion detector and catch the little bastard(s) in the act. Drag the phucker(s) into the PD yourself, wait around for thier parents too show up if the are juvies.

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

take everything out of the car leave it unlocked set a rat trap under the seat.

7. jolane

jolane 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your problems! That really sucks!
    I had a CD cade stolen once (~100 CD's), along with a bunch of my MX gear, toolbox, etc! I was pissed!
    Then I moved across town. Had a 3 week old high end Kenwood CD player ripped from my dash, along with the sub and rear speakers. I was pissed again!
    Then I move in to a nice neighborhood (house), and have my christmas lights and car cover stolen (1 week old). Dammit! Then a broken window in the Maxima.
    I now have motion detector lights, several cameras, DVR recorder recording the cameras. Haven't had a problem since I put that stuff up. Not to say it won't happen, but instead I just make sure to lock my car, and try to keep nothing in it. I take my bike out at night, and my golf clubs. Not worth the risk.
    Anyways, I think everyone has been there once before. It really does suck!
    Sorry,
    Joshua

8. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

I always hate reading stories like this, makes me so dang mad, even though it's not my stuff! I'm sure we've all had stuff stolen (got a brand new drill, never even got to use it!- but I've been lucky). There needs to be caning for thieves and taggers (sick of these people writing on my property) :mad: