Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thieves...Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was taking a quick snooze in between a couple of classes today and awoke to my truck remote. It was beeping and vibrating on my desk which unless someone snuck in and started my truck via that very remote means something is up. I looked at the display and realized the glass break sensor had been triggered. I flipped some shoes on and sprinted out to my truck to be greeted by broken quarter glass and a missing sub and amp...IN BROAD FREAKIN DAYLIGHT!!!!!!

I talked to the people that were nearby and got a description of two males that'd match 95% of the guys on campus. Now I have to get the glass replaced and I'm down a Memphis 1000D and a 10" sub that's not even made anymore :angry1: I don't need a sound system but I hate having a crappy stereo. Hell, at least the alarm went off and they didn't have time to jack the other amp, head unit, or component set. Dumber yet, I don't have the serial numbers for the stuff so there's basically no possible way to track them or prove that they're mine.

I was gonna pick up a welder the next time I'm home and buy a crossmember from Scoobydann but this kinda puts a damper on those plans. I recently downgraded my insurance coverage when I finished the orange one to keep my premiums under control so that makes the glass replacement cost that much more. Wow, I'm ****in irate. Not only did my stuff get jacked but it was in broad daylight. The cops probably aren't gonna put much effort into it (can't blame them, it's not worth that much compared to most robberies) so my odds of getting anything back are slim to none.

:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:
    I'm gonna go cry in my beer. Rant off.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Even then, guy, what are the odds of finding the stuff again? It's sitting at a pawn shop right now. I, personally, would start cruising the pawn shops keeping an eye out. You never know...

BTW, compare the descriptions to people you know. Most of the time, that's exactly who it is...that is, if you weren't blasting the stereo in the parking lot. Sucks all kinds of ass, I've had that experience, and once is too many already.

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That sucks. I am on the thief beating bandwagon with you there, I'm still looking for the little rat who took my wallet last week. I would suggest calling around to some pawn shops, I know a couple of guys who own shops and they will gladly help anyone who asks get their stuff back.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That sucks. Want something that sucks more - if they got away with it once and saw the stuff that they missed keep your eyes open. They might well be back. They now know your response time to the alarm and that no one noticed. The rotten bastards have a tendancy to be lazy and go after "easy" targets.

5. mikey_d05

I talked to the shop that's doing the glass and they said it was alright if I left it there until Friday afternoon when I go home. I'm gonna bolt the second amp in and safety wire the head unit to the dash. As for the other items, there are no pawn shops here, probably went directly into the trunk of some kids car. Memphis 1000D's are too numerous to go off half cocked if I see one...but the model of Memphis 10" sub isn't. At least one of the guys had to be pretty tall and strong though. My DD has a 4" lift and the sub and box probably weighed 60 pounds combined and was bulky as hell. At least they left my tool box and jumper cables.

6. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow wire up our rigs to electrocute somebody if they did that, break one of the windows to get in, then the exterior would be electrified or something inside would to shock the hell out of them.

7. cbbr

All you need is an extension cord hooked to the truck. The tires will insulate it until someone touches it. The someone in question then completes the circuit and blows the breaker and the someone. Or so I'm told. :D

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Yeah, then they live and sue you claiming "they were making sure the door was locked for you."

9. mikey_d05

Naw, I got that one covered already, my block heater malfunctioned and shorted to the engine block. :rotfl:

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Got to make sure that the person completes a good ground or it will not matter if the truck is hot. Like if you are wiring a hot outlet if your knee or hand don't touch something to ground/neutral then you can touch the hot wire all you want.

11. cbbr

It was a joke. Really. (am I protected from liability yet :D ). I would not actually try it on anyone, but I would love too just for fun if I could be sure that they would get the crap shocked out of them but not die. May not be the best idea in practice. :crazy: