Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thieves

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by leadvillek5, Dec 16, 2004.

1. leadvillek5

leadvillek5 Registered Member

some low life peice of s--t or s--ts. broke in to my bros truck monday night and took 7,000 dollars worth of plumbing tool from his truck. there was ridge pipe threader with stand and all the dies with oiler. complete dewalt cordless set. milwaukie hole hawg with complete set of bits. map gas torch set. and vairyous other plumbing tools that i have now idea about. then on tuesday night he went to home depot get just the basic tools so he could finish the weekout. he went home and remebered that he needed one more thing so back two home depot. while he was in home depot his truck got broke in to and the tool all the tools that he had just bought where stolen and they broke his passenger window to get them. oh and this all happened in aurora colo. so if there is anyone that is in the denver or surrouding area that hears of someone selling a bunch plumbing tools will you please give me a call @ 720-273-8778 its a local denver #or call my bro @720-323-6687. anyone that would steal a tradesmans tools is the lowest peice of s--t on the planet. AND SHOULD BE SHOT BY FIRING SQAUD!!

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yup. Thieves ought to be shot..after their scrotums have been emptied and their b@lls handed back them on a platter.:mad:

Unfortunately, it was prolly someone you know, or someone who KNEW what you had. It's prooly someone you'd recognize if they were caught. Your brother really p*ss anyone off lately?

I'd check around your local pawn shops. I hope your brother has a record of serial numbers, or marked them some other way. A few years ago, a buddy and I had a contracting business together. His rig got broke into and bunch of tools were stolen. We had marked all our stuff with a "brand" of sorts. It was a symbol that he and I came up with that was pretty unique. We reported the theft to the police and then went looking at all the pawn/tool shops. We found our stuff spread across 5 different shops and 2 states!:shocked: We got most of it back.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Many years ago when my wife and I were first dating, we were leaving her house to go out one friday night. It was about 11 pm or so and I noticed movement from the carport next door out of the corner of my eye. I yelled out to whoever it was asking them what they were doing and these two 'kids' booked it...which is when I noticed their car idling at the end of the neighbors driveway without it's lights on.

I told Deb to hurry and get in the truck and we took off after them. i waited for a desolate part of the road we were on, then pulled around them and hit the brakes giving them nowhere to go. They then backed up and tried to use a little driveway to turn around...but instead put the car butt first into a big ditch (missed the driveway). By the time I got back there they had both taken off into the bush, leaving the car open and running with the headlights pointed at the sky.

I opened the drivers door, shut it off, locked all the doors and took the keys with me to go call the cops. The cops showed up with the dog squad and eventually got them. The car was "Mom's" and it had $8000 worth of tradesmans tools in it that these kids had stolen just that night. Apparently they had worked that entire neighborhood over the previous weeks. Cops told me they recovered some stuff, but most had been fenced or pawned already.

Felt good to help nail those little bastards. Then about two months later the same two 'kids' stole my truck (revenge I guess) They kept it for three weeks, racked up 2500 miles on it, beat on it at every chance and dumped it on Vancouver Island.

No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

I hope your brother gets his tools back!

Rene

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

man, that freakin' sucks.

Like my Dad always says, "Theres nothing worse than a thief".

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I feel your pain. A bunch of my electricians tools were stolen right about 3 weeks after we moved back to Phoenix. Twas a lovely little welcome to the neighborhood present. :mad:

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'll keep my eye out for them, bastards. You might want to post this in the Rocky Mtn. forum. TJ (Denver75K5) is a plumber down there.
    Tell your brother to make up a flyer and send it to all the plumbing suppliers in Denver. Most of us plumbers would be happy to catch them and beat the living $hit out of them. Made test that treader out with a finger or a little hair wrap.
    I hope he finds them. Geee, Merry Christmas yeh.
    Up here at least, I lost a tool box out of a truck and it was found the next day.
    I think I'll stick to the mountains (for now).

7. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

LeadvilleK5, is that the home depot off of chambers and parker rd. by the superwalmart? If so that is near my house. Recently we have had a bunch of stuff stolen in our neighborhood. My neighbors house was broken into, then someone took my $20 dollar bottle jack out of my toolbox in my ranger. Then neighbors had 2 of their cars broken into. I think its the same guys braking into everything. Every now and then I sit outside around 4 a.m. and listen to the headphones waiting for these assholes to come back. Their will be no cops called when they come back...... I'm sorry about your bros truck. If see some pricks sellin tools I will definitely p.m. you. :mad: :mad:

8. leadvillek5

thanks guys. it was at the home home depot on mississppi and i-225. my bro lives near bucklye & chambers. it probably is the same bunch of low lifes. i cant think of anyone that my bro my have pissed off cause he is the type of person to give you his shirt of his back to help someone out. he has been hit 5 times in two yrs. it could be someone that he knows but not sure. i am designing cage around his pipe rack to make it theif proof. that way it will slow them just long enough to shoot the peices of s--t dead. never shoot to wound always shoot to kill that way they can not come back and sue your ass for damages. he filled out a police report but it probably wont do much good but at least its been reported. i told him that i would help him set up a trap for these fkers and bust some f'n skulls. i,m glad that i live up here in leadville less crime and less people. my bro is really thinking of moving up here cause now that he has his masters plumbers lisence he can pull his own permits. he is is so sick of all the crap down in the front range. i hope that he gets out for the sake of his two boys.

9. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

To steal anything is bad but to steal what a man uses to make a living it takes a real low life to do that. Thats just like taking food right out of his kids hand. Hanging is to good for the sob that did that. On a side note he may want to look into insurance on his tools if he dosent have it all ready.

10. leadvillek5

he is checking on insurance for his tools. thanks again guys and gals for your help . so far there is know word from the cops.