Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Things are looking up

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by JDBlazer454, Feb 12, 2004.

1. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

The last few years have been financially hard on my husband and me and we struggled through things hoping they would get better. Well finally things took a great turn for the better just in the last 2 days /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last night we finally got to buy our first brand new car ever, a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant. They only took $250 down and Jeff said it was the most painless car buying experience ever. We now got a good looking reliable mpg car we both will drive and enjoy. I know its not a Chevy but he is tired of having to work on the daily drivers and wants to focus on the Camaro only.

This afternoon he gets a phone call from Waste Management who he applied with 3 weeks ago that he is for sure hired and go get his drug test done. I just about cried hearing that today it made me so happy. Finally good pay to help with our car payment, to get caught up on bills and set a little aside, and to finally be able to move into a real house. He is taking a slight cut in pay but lots of overtime and 100% benefits and 401k w/ 100% company match /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif We have been wanting to move for several years but we figured our little mobile home is paid for lets just suffer a little bit longer now we can finally move hopefully this summer.

Nice to see things looking up after such a hard spell /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

GOOD DEAL! Always a good feeling when things start too look up.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm glad things are looking up for you guys /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Good deal, Congrats to the both of you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now send some of that luck my way /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Better yet just let him know where your husband is turning in his notice at /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

kick ass!! thats awesome.

Oh hey... if your looking for a place to move, there is an empty lot next to my house, about 1/4 acre, that would be perfect for someone to build on (or like me, have a house moved onto) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

WAY COOL!! It's nice when things start to work out. BTW, where did you buy your car at? I need a "painless" car buying experience right now! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Anyway, glad to hear that all is working out! Very cool! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Congrats! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Bill

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

congradulations /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a lot of friends in vancouver that work for them and it is a good company with good benefits. they also have good bonus raises over the years he will make very good money there.

11. JDBlazer454

[ QUOTE ]
    kick ass!! thats awesome.

Oh hey... if your looking for a place to move, there is an empty lot next to my house, about 1/4 acre, that would be perfect for someone to build on (or like me, have a house moved onto) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if you could handle having neighbors like us /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Honestly though we will sell our mobile home outright and rent something probably in that area (just a few blocks east of you is still Hockinson school district).

Shane if you need a new car I would highly recommend them, I was shocked at how well the dealership treated us. Oh yea you wanted to know where /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hannah Kia on Hwy 99, bet you know exactly where that is. They were super and I never say anything good about car lots.

Muddytazz if you need a job we could help you get your foot in the door at my husbands work where he is putting in notice. It would be for dispatching the sub hauler tow trucks, you may like working there with all the wrecked cars to oggle. Gotta help spread the good luck around /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for that I rarely air my problems but its nice when you struggle and almost starve to have a complete 180 in your life in 2 days. Just too bad my family isn't feeling as happy about all of this as I am they have been giving me some grief about the new car and job switch, groaning about another car again...yea we do change cars like underwear but this new one will help us towards a house in the future. Thats why you guys are so cool /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Who changes thier underwear?

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. JDBlazer454

Whats underwear? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

holy cow, whatever you do, every year put whatever the company will match in your 401k. FREE MONEY!!! woohoo! congrats, hope things continue to go on the up and up for you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

gOOD FOR YOU Deanna.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Always nice to hear good news, there's enough bad news in the world..........

17. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif