Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Things done the "right" way verses the quick way

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 23, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I have noticed that every time I attempt to do something the right way, it never lasts:

Everytime I add the proper amount of antifreeze to a cooling system- the radiator begins to leak, a hose blows, or the engine doesn't live to see it's first winter. (if I add straight water temporarily, I have no coolant leaks, and the motor won't die, and I have to hurry last minute to add antifreeze when winter comes)

If I buy a new gasket set for a motor, it will have to be torn apart again and all gaskets will be ruined. If or when there are parts I have to make my own gaskets for, I never have to pull those parts off for the longest time.

If I paint up something and make it all pretty, it doesn't stay in very long. If I leave it all greasy and dirty, it stays in for the longest time.

New clutch: means somethings gonna make me have to pull it out soon; Used clutch: nothing goes wrong and I have to make it work for the longest time.

Rebuilt tranny and T-case go in... adapter breaks; Used Tranny and T-case with lots of wear... nothing breaks and I have to deal with it.

Properly secure my battery: That means I'll be playing musical batteries and have to take it out 10 times. Leave the battery loose anticipating playing musical batteries: Battery never has to come out, until you forget you didn't secure it and it flies into an exhaust manifold and ruins it, meaning you have to get another battery from another vehicle which is secured and a pain to take out.

I have 5 good windshields sitting stored away. I don't even want to put them into any of my trucks cause I know what will happen. :crazy:

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:rotfl: :rotfl: :thumb:

I feel your pain, brother. :cool1:

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ha ha h a ha ha

they is it with every one i think you just experance this exponentualy to you ratio of trucks you own!!!

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

You must have a neighbor named MURPHY.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

same here...

I have the same luck!--baby an engine with frequent oil changes and never floor it--it starts rapping!--.. Run it on drain oil,and beat the snot out of it--it runs forever and wont even smoke!... :screwy: I've come to the conclusion chevy's NEED a good daily beating,or they wont run right for long!.. :crazy:

I can put a perfectly good part from another vehicle in mine,and its like a body rejecting a transplant--it usually gives grief almost immediately!...OR--

I can have every part needed for my truck--EXCEPT ONE!--guess which one I'm trotting to the boneyard for.... :angry1: your not alone!!.. :frown1:

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i know the feeling. beat the hell out of my 91 K1500 every day for almost 2 years. take it easy one day, *BAM* broken ring and pinion.

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I don't think that is the same thing if your talking about the same truck you beat on for 2 years :rotfl:

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Your being punished for owning so many cheap D60's. :D

Based on what I've seen you run your vehicles pretty hard. Long trips and hard off-road. I'm not suprised a bit that you have higher maintenance. You actually use your stuff.

The guys with no breakage have their rigs painted, polished and parked in the garage. They get washed and waxed every 1 to 2 weeks with french poodles.

Be glad your a go-getter Allan, better than being bored.