Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

things i did this weekend on the 69

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jakeslim, Jul 5, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

3 day weekend so...

-pulled and painted all four rims back to their original white
    -removed back seat
    -pulled rear carpet and mat
    -sanded down rear floor to prep for por 15
    -changed driverside window crank with an NOS one the guy threw in with the truck. Easier to do than my 77 k5!
    -checked all four "drum" brakes...great shape.
    -cleaned paint with paint cleaner then waxed..shined up nice where it is not primered.
    -continued to look for rust all over, nothing but surface at the most.

Next weekend:
    -Finish rear floor
    -get power to the dash...should be simple, but ya never know
    -remove all the "accessories the guy added...cb stuff, radio(old), center console..not original and broken.
    Once I sell my extra Honda Civic EX(anyone need a car?), I can order my crate engine. ETA on the road.....7/30 with this baby.

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    -changed driverside window crank with an NOS one the guy threw in with the truck.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Wow, how much faster is your K5 with that NOS? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

j/k /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Welcome to the first gen club man!
    What are your plans for it?

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i am getting no power to the dash. any ideas ? The wiring is clean so i figure its at the starter, but thought I would ask just the same.Perhaps a fuse in the engine compartment or something? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Paul

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

check fuses.. are you getting any power out to your fuseblock under the dash?
    no power, i'd check the wire that goes from the connector through the firewall out to the battery.. theres a fusable link built in or maybe a fuse holder? close to the battery, coming off the + junction block on the fenderwell?
    not sure whats original on mine or what not.