Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Things that went wrong

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Jul 3, 2004.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So i started putting the lift on my blazer today and everything was going great besides the fact that it took me like 2.5 hours to get the steering arm off! Anyways when i was removing the passenger side Leaf, this happened!
    [​IMG]

Needless to say it looks like this has been like that for awhile, and the other shackle is bent. So i bought the torch that I wanted to get awhile ago, and ORD's Greasable Shackles are on the way too .

So i started working on the rear now that i have to wait till about thurs to get the front shackles, and it seemed everything went to hell. The drivers side shock wouldn't come free of the top mounting bolt, and it still hangs there. I said F' it ill just atleast put the rest of the suspension together. It got to the point where the vent tube from the diff took forever to get out. My blazer is still sittin on jackstands, i hope to finish the rear tomorrow, and do the front next week. What a day!

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I feel your pain. I had to wait for 5 dollars worth of shims, and then they were wrong . It sucks having to wait . At least you'll you'll know the shackles are stronger , and peace of mind rocks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I love rusty old stock parts /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I made my own shackles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah i could have done that but.. it was just alot easier. I hate michigan im moving to AZ or Utah in a few years. When i got my blazer it was rust free, A Florida truck. Now i have to operate on the rockers, and the Wheel wells.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Mine doesn't have a whole lot of rust but I operated anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif