Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Things to ponder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, May 8, 2003.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?
    Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside? If love is blind, how can we believe in love at first sight?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp which no decent human being would eat?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

What do you call male ballerinas?

Why do they call it "getting your dog fixed" if afterwards it doesn't work anymore?

If Wile Coyote had enough money for all that Acme crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

Where in the nursery rhyme does it say humpty dumpty is an egg?

Why is it that when a person tells you there's over a million stars in the universe you believe them, but if someone tells you there's wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure?

Why does Donald Duck wear a towel when he comes out of the shower, when he doesn't usually wear any pants?

Did Adam and Eve have navels?

Do one legged ducks swim in circles?

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?

Who was the first person, seeing an egg come from a chicken's butt, that thought, "I'll bet that would be good to eat?"

And who opened that first OYSTER and said "My, my, my. Now doesn't THIS look yummy." ???

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Why does Corona coming out my nose hurt /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Do one legged ducks swim in circles?

[/ QUOTE ]I know seaguls do when you run them over in a bumper boat ..... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Where in the nursery rhyme does it say humpty dumpty is an egg?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Martin Gardner, in The Annotated Mother Goose, the Humpty Dumpty rhyme is a riddle. Riddling rhymes were a popular source of entertainment for many centuries. The answer to the Humpty Dumpty riddle is, of course, "an egg."

The first appearance in print, in 1810, is slightly different from the version we know today:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
    Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
    Threescore men and threescore more
    Cannot place Humpty Dumpty as he was before.

Another variation that dates back at least to the early 1800s has the last two lines:

All the king's horses and all the king's men
    Could not set Humpty Dumpty up again.

The best-known version today, of course, ends with the line "Could not put Humpty together again."

Lewis Carroll's version gives the last line as "Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty in his place again," which, Alice observes, "is much too long for the poetry."

Although it first appeared in print in 1810, the rhyme is certainly older, but how much older is a matter of dispute. The Oxford English Dictionary gives Humpty Dumpty as the name of an ale-and-brandy drink of the late 17th century, and also as "a short clumsy person of either sex."

8. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Pretty good....... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I wanna know who was the first one to lick that Hallucinogenic Frog.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

AND Howcome....

if a male Donkey is an Ass...

and a male sheep is a Ram....

Howcome...a Ram in the Ass....is a Goose?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif