Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Things you did not know about Iraq

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, May 6, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Did you know that 47 countries have re-established their embassies in
    Iraq?

Did you know that the Iraqi government employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under
    rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq?

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2004 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational? They have 5 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operation squadrons, 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 bell jet rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq?
    They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consist of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a recent televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW! WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

OUR MEDIA WOULDN'T TELL US!

Because a Bush- hating media and Democratic Party would rather see the world blow up than lose their power.

Instead of shouting these accomplishments from every rooftop, they would rather show photos of what a few perverted malcontent soldiers have done in prisons in many cases never disclosing the circumstances surrounding the events.

Instead of showing our love for our country, we get photos of flag burning
    incidents and people throwing snowballs at presidential motorcades.

The lack of reporting the positive in Iraq serves only one purpose; it undermines the world's perception of the United States and our soldiers.

IT'S A SHAME THAT SOME AMERICANS WHO WOULD RATHER SEE TERRORISM SUCCEED THAN HAVE A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT.

This is verifiable on the Department of Defense web site.

I pulled this off of frontpagemag.com but it is al on the DOD site:
    http://www.defenselink.mil/

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You know what's funny... It's true...

In a lot of interviews I've seen with some more outspoken anti-war people, it almost seems painful for them to say they hope to see Victory and success in Iraq.
    I think these people are totally untrue to their claimed beliefs, and are simply vindictive, and want to see anything that will make it look like Bush is incompetent or a failure. If Iraq becomes a flourishing democratic state (that makes it's own profit from oil, too), wouldn't pride not matter anymore? But does anyone really think Michael Moore will say "I was wrong, we did a good thing in Iraq"? :rotfl: :rotfl:

3. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

Do not forget about Afghanastan. We have seen many of the same things here. Women being allowed to work and go to school. Hell there are women in politics here. It is AMAZING what has become of these countries in just the few years. People are finally getting a life here and Iraq. I SAY THANKS TO BUSH FOR FINALLY FINISHING WHAT WAS STARTED MANY YEARS AGO. Now as a nation we all have to stand behind him and our military to completely finish it and keep it from returning to what it was.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, the lib media and the democrapheads don't want you too know about this.

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

It's amazing the details that the media leaves out.

But that kind of information doesn't get ratings like the bloodbaths & bombings do.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Your average run of the mill left winger is merely an ignorant media-programmed clone and overly emotional... but there is unquestionably a group of people who work behind the scenes putting out leftist talking points that are HARDCORE left wing fanatics. These are people that hate Reagan because he beat down the Soviet communists (political allies of the extreme left) and are the same people that celebrate every terrorist victory, over-publicize every military mistake and continuously seek to weaken our resolve. These are the kinds of people that think we should quit fighting terrorists... that we should abandon Israel and just let the Arabs kill them all in Nazi-style genocide... all in the name of "being nice" to the terrorists so they "don't hate us".

Its all total bullchit. Unless we a) commit national suicide or b) elect a Taliban government, these fanatics will ALWAYS hate us and want to kill us. Its just like WWII... there is no reasoning or bargaining with terrorists (or nazis)... all you can do is destroy them completely and move on. What Vietnam should have taught us is that there is only two ways to fight a war... ALL OUT or not at all. If you half-ass it and try to be all nice and touchy-feely, you'll lose. These left wing types live in a University campus mindset where a utopia is possible. The truth is, in the real world where there are hate-mongers and murderers in charge of governments (or large underground organizations like terrorists) there is no perfect way to fight them. There are going to be civy casualties... there are going to be mistakes... there are going to be military people killed. All of these are bad things, but what the left wing mind can't comprehend is that those things happening is the only way to guarentee that even worse chit won't. (nazism controlling the world or terrorism bringing about the downfall of western civilization).

anyway, in some ways we have fought in Afghanistan/Iraq with one hand tied behind out back... and IMO is speaks VOLUMES about the quality of our men/women in uniform that in spite of continuous assault from the rabid lefty media they are still prevailing. These guys are the real deal. I think when its all said and done and we have a chance to look back on the War on Terrorism in its entirety they will take their rightful place in American history. Heros of the same caliber and of the same quality as those of the greatest generation who beat nazism/japanese imperialism.

j

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Yup...

Yup--and US AMERICANS PAID FOR MOST OF IT!!!

I hope our politicians decide someday that AMERICA :usaflag: :usaflag: is worth saving too--before its too late!--We have plenty of problems here!!--but they insist on giving all our money to other countries instead of helping our own first!

I think we should get our own affairs in order first,like house our homless,give AMERICANS all the perks forieners get,like free college,no taxes for 5 years when you start a bussiness,etc..I could go on and on,but you know what I mean--we are STUPID to help other countries while our own is going down the tubes...we do more for illegal ailiens than we do for our own citizens in many cases--if your white,american born,you have 2 strikes against you if you need any assistance from SSI,Welfare,or many other government assistance programs...and the way our veterans get treated is the biggest disgrace of all--after they give their lives and limbs for a country that will always hate us,many cant even get decent housing,medical care,or even RESPECT from their fellow americans.. :mad:

Dont get me wrong,I'm all for our troops!--but I feel we should have either stayed out of Iraq--or leveled it like Hiroshima--we will be rebuilding THIER country instead of helping our own for years to come--while we suffer,and pay all the bills for the war,rebuilding their schools,government,etc..

Its true though,that the media only shows us what THEY want us to see--they must think americans are like mushrooms--keep us in the dark and feed us lots of bulls***!--and the sad fact is many of us are dumb enough to think just because thats what we see on tv,it must be the truth!.. :screwy: :surepal:

(Maybe they haven't shown us all the GOOD we are doing over there,because they are afraid americans will get angry to see us rebuilding an enemy country,while our own is sliding downhill!--I know I get angry when I hear local police,fire,and school systems complainig "we dont have the money" for the things they need to protect us,or teach our kids,or house the homeless--but 82 BILLION goes to Iraq,no questions asked!)..... :mad: When is AMERICA going to be first priority??--if we keep helping every other country while ours is in decline--WE might not BE a country for long!!....

8. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't really like to put in my two cents when it comes to political stuff but here goes.
    How much money did we funnel into Japan after WWII. In 60 years how has Japan benifited from that money? if we had left them alone and not helped out where would they be, where would we be. I'm not saying that buying foreign made is good thing, but what stereo components do you have that aren't made in Japan. Peolple then were saying the same thing about Japan as your said about Iraq. The more money that we funnel out to other Countries may not benifit us short term but long term it does. Proverty will always be there, bums on the street will always be their deal with it help out those that we can. I do agree that spending more money on schools is a good idea and putting some money into the inner cities is good but Iraq the whole country is an inner city.
    Illeagal aliens could be solved in ten years no more people crossing the border very easy fix, make Mexico as good as a place to live as the US how many Canadians sneak across the border for a job every year?
    Presuming all those things about Iraq are true who knows in sixty years what they will be doing for the world then. Look at how it has benifited the region already

9. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Just watched Jarhead mostly cuz it was filmed where I live. Iraq was and is a mess, but it's getting better. If your neighbor's house was on fire or being attacked or what not you'd help right? Cuz you're an American and that's how most of us are or should be. Same thing with Iraq. They are our neighbor too. You see all the crap over there and you wanna help. I also think that if i turns out right, it will benefit USA in the end.

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Why can't we, the "silent majority" get it through our heads, that we will be fed bull**** as long as we allow ourselves to be fed it. Speak your minds, vote, and let these left wing idiots know "We are Mad as Hell, and we aren't gonna take it anymore!!!!!!!!" [falls on deaf ears]

John

11. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Sad but true. Ironically, is this medium, the internet, that's finally breaking through the left-wing media's strangle hold on mass information... and they absolutely hate it.

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

The mark of a truly compassionate person is one who gives when they cannot afford to, rather than only give when they have extra.....