Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Things you don't see on CNN

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Things you don\'t see on CNN

[​IMG]

Above is a picture of Mike McNaughton of Denham Springs, LA. He stepped on a land mine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile that they would go on a run together. True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing. Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope to one of my best friends was one of the greatest/best things I have seen in my life. It almost sounds like a corny email chain letter, but God bless him.

Justin
    CPT Justin P.. Dodge, MD
    Flight Surgeon, 1-2 AVN RGT
    Medical Corps, U.S. Army

Before anyone goes to check, this CAN be found at SNOPES.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Re: Things you don\'t see on CNN

When I read the subject title, I thought you were gonna reference something like "The Truth". /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    When I read the subject title, I thought you were gonna reference something like "The Truth". /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....That's exactly what I thought /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's cool, kinda kicks around a couple of the arguments about how rotten Bush is as a person.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Even went so far as to Snope yourself.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

My sincerest regards to your friend.

We all can't give enough thanks for what he and so many others have sacrificed.