Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Think I could sell my S10 project??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 2, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone think someone out there would buy my S10 project? No this is not a for sale post, I haven't even decided to go that route, just wondering peoples thoughts on it. Reason I ask is this, I have all the parts and such to put together a nice K5 in a weekend with the help of my friends. My s10 is gonna need some more fabwork, for wich my tools are very very limited at the moment, and not only can I not afford to buy parts I need, I can't afford to buy the tools to put them in... Then I have to buy a trailer to tow the S10 behind my C2500 which is ailing at the moment.... man I'm in such a depressed crappy mood.... haha.... ****.... anyway, so you think it would be impossible for me to sell my S10 project?

I mean, the rolling chassis, with a 10 bolt under the front end instead of the dana 60, but with the 14 bolt rear axle and 4 link in place. 4 point cage, obviouslly the sfa swap, v8 engine mounts, corvette aluminum radiator, and a couple of race seats that aren't mounted to anything.
    [​IMG]

What am I thinking about doing? Buy a K5, make my friends help me so I actually get the **** done and have people to kick me in the ass when I drag my feet, and put together a nice wheeler I can drive to the trail.... some of my friends were saying this past weekend, "You need another K5, the s10 is cool but a K5 is just so much more, YOU"... I agree, but have a lot in the s10 now...

2. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

**** yeah i think you could sel it ill give ya 100 for it.
    no im just joking bro... I dont want to insult you with lowballin prices.
    You could deffintly sell it, but how much are you looking t get for it? I honestly dont think you will get what you want for it. good luck bro i would buy it but i dont even have enough money for a beer right now.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I think it would sell if you found the right person.

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

brutal honesty...

Ok im gonna let you have it...Finish the f'in thing. Not to be mean but have you finished one truck yet? i have a very close friend, im actually talking to him at the moment who is the same way. He'll start something and never finish, changes his mind all the time about everything. Honestly if you get a k5 do you think its gonna be a weekend deal? i dought it be one thing,it will turn into another then another and youll wind up spending more money and more time and who knows if that one will be finished. You have alot of time into the rig, and as far as i can tell are close to finishing it, why not do it? The expierience youll get from finishing and then driving and troubleshooting problems will be priceless. Youll learn how to spot and fix things that suddenly come up cause no rig is perfect the first time. also im kind of sick of k5's. everyone has done one and they are all the same (differant but the same) thats why im doing the extended cab build. i almost bought a blazer but backed off just because i couldnt stand doing the same thing everyone else has done. Personally i really like your build and would love to se eit finished. Nothing personal man, id just love to see you finish a project.:D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  5. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Save your pennies and finish the S10. Make it your main goal for your extra-curricular activities.

6. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]seriously[​IMG]

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Finish the S10. If you sell it you are going to lose your a$$.

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

x2,
    this would be the 3rd project that you started then sold/parted before it was completed? or is it the 4th?

Finish it

9. 0cP

0cP Registered Member

Keep the S-10 put it on the back burner for maybe a year or more even just rust proof it for storage. Then get a K5 asap and dont blow alot of money into it just make it wheel good on a budget.

10. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Make this the project that you stick with and finish..... Being indecisive about it will get you nowhere....

11. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You guys should really quit picking on supersize... haha.

12. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Why? Hah, come to the St. Louis area. I guarantee you'll sell it for the right price. I guess it's pretty sweet, I'm not really into that "type of thing" though.

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

keep her, it is a great capable truck finish it and then if you want sell it and lose yourt shirt even more.

also if you truck is ailing why not lok for a 4wd that could tow the s 10 but give you a little off road taste to keep you in line

14. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Buy my Diesel K5.:D

15. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I get frustrated with my projects all the time. I dumped countless dollars and hours into my first blazer. Then the front driveshaft blew up after about 350 miles and I gave up on it not wanting to pull the tcase again to install a new front output and dumping a gazillion dollars into a HAD shaft. Parted out the whole thing and bought a new jeep which I dumped countless tons of cash into and hours...now I am back to square one building another fullsize.

I wish I would have put the blazer under a tarp and let it sit for a year. Then saved up the cash to upgrade. I would be SO much better off now.

Stick with the S10. It is sweet as hell. You have done a lot of work converting it to SFA and you will never get out what you got into it.

16. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I wish I'd kept my 92 S10 for a 4x4/SFA conversion. 4.3 CPI in it, just stab a 4x4 700 and a t-case with a Dana 35 and I would've been a happy camper...great turning radius, good mileage to the trail.......oh well. FINISH IT!!!!!

17. stus84

stus84 1/2 ton status

Super 10

Super 10's are not that super

I hear everyone saying finish the project but if you are not excited about the end result you are not going to allocate time to work on it. This is really a personal choice - but since you asked my opinion is to sell the super 10 and all parts associated with it (ebay) that cant be used on the k5. Search for a good deal on a k5 and enjoy the build up process.again.

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

cause selling my tow rig I would lose my ass more than I would selling the S10. I'm really tempted to just finish the S10, beat it to death, then throw the doubler, axles, and tires under my 97. Thats the route I will likely end up taking.