Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Think i found emission problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Jan 26, 2005.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think i found my problem:grin: Before the truck was running to rich and i have gone through all the steps to figure it out everything is in good working order so i went out to double check everything and when ii removed the stock air cleaner i found that the air door inside is fubared and stuck closed.I am pretty sure that is what is causeing the to rich situation. So i oreder a msd coil cap and rotor and bumped the timeing 3 degrees advanced and am goin to take that plate out and try it again.:hack: :grind: :weld: :whistle:

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I had the same problem on a 79 C10 305. 2 mechanics misdiagnosed it as an intake leak.

It will run a liitle choppy when cold with the air door jammed open but it warms up and smoothes out pretty quick. You can always get the replacement actuator parts for the stock air cleaner from LMC Truck.

3. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i know me and my friend top tech at a local store both couldn't find it. I just keep over looking it