Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Think I may have found a new hobby

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruthven13, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Went with my buddy and his friend from work out to the shotgun range yesterday. Haven't shot a shotgun in about 3-4 years, almost for got how fun it was!!! Even hit about 90% of the pigeons on the first shot! I would say %5 took the second, and just plain missed the rest! I was shooting a Remington 870, and the gy tat took us up there was using his nice Beretta over-under. I only loaded 2 rounds into the 870 so as not to go nuts when I missed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Now I just need to turn in my paperwork to get a permit and find the money for a gun! That or a .45 . Ain't too bad a shot for a city (suburb anyway) boy either! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now if only I knew the difference between skeet and trap shooting /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where did you guys go? I go to Fort Dix every other week. They have a nice setup for skeet shooting.

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

We go a "little" farther north. There is a litle range up in Walpack, Sussex county, right near Stokes State Forest. Basically it is just a field with split rail fencing between the different stalls. No fee either /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I shot 400 rounds from my .45 today. I'm no good at moving targets (clays) but I can tear up some paper stationary targets /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I used to shoot .45 while I was at school in Maine. My friend has a Ruger P90 I think it was. But that was about 5 years ago. Now I occasionlly fire off my other friends Sig P220, which I like alot more. Can still get all 8 rounds in the chest of a target at around 15-20 yards rapid fire. But remember, it is only the third time I have shot a .45!!! In Maine we just used to go off in the back yard and shoot things. Life is good outside of Jersey....

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Love my .45 it shoots better than I do. Living in the mountains of Colorado, I just drive 15-20 minutes in any direction and I can shoot anything I want.Got a friend who has 2 legal full autos-man can they burn up some ammo in a hurry its a blast shooting a coke can clean out of sight.