Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

think i might have found a good deal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aduff85k5, Feb 22, 2005.

1. aduff85k5

aduff85k5 Registered Member

i found a guy wanting to get ride of 3/4 ton drivetrain: all from a 77 camper special......350 turbo trans and possibley a 203 transfer case........he states they were recentley rebuilt, rear axle has 14 bolts on the chunck unknown on the front, and front and back axles are 8 lug. i haven't looked at it yet. my question is did the camper specials come with d 60's and a 203 full time. what should i look for when inspecting for possible purchase?.....he told me 800.00 over the phone. (he has a blazer that is for sale as a combination and wants 1850.00 for both truck and extra running gear.) am open to all and any suggestions guys. thanks

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

th350 is worth 75-150

14b... Im selling several good ones at around 75 bucks each

the front end will not be a 60... it should be an 8 lug 44 (in a k20)
    they are worth 150-250

the 203 is a boat anchor... and only really good for use in a doubler situation... not worth being your primary transfer case
    they can be found for 75-150... I recently sold one for 75
    I have to tell you that 800 for that stuff is high....
    time to start looking at the classifieds here to see what stuff costs

On a camper special there is a good chance the bearings got heavy loads on them... and if not maintained then they would need replacing... then again the thing could have seen little mileage and they could be great... I am wondering why they are out of the vehicle and what happened to it?

Might be worthwhile to do some more research
    my 2 cents

cam

3. aduff85k5

aduff85k5 Registered Member

thank you very much