Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Think I will paint the beast.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyracing, Sep 11, 2002.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Will I get mocked, riddiculled, harrassed or otherwise molested in the Blazer Community if I get rid of the hugger orange and go with, say, a charcoal metalic or gun metal metalic grey with a black top and black bumpers?

John

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have seen the gun metal and it looks killer with black! GoForIt!

3. silver

silver Registered Member

that sounds bad ass... you should also get black rims (or some of those cheap ass white ones and paint them black) that would look really cool. make sure to paint the chrome stuff black too, that adds alot.

4. Tims72

Tims72 Registered Member

If you do get it painted dark gray I would like to see pics. That is the color I was thinking about painting mine. I already have the black soft top with the tented windows, black bed liner interior, and gray seats, so I thought the gray exterior would look great. So post some pics and let us see how it turns out.

TIMS72

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Like mine? Oh wait I'm a 2nd gen. The color I painted mine is a Furd Gun Metal Grey Matallic.

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm about 2 weeks away from painting mine too, I was wanting to go with a yellow with black trim (ie: rims, bumper, soft top etc.) anyone have pics in yellow?
    Haven't seen any trucks with fender flares, anyone have them? Know where to get them for our trucks? Was thinking the black flares would off set the yellow?