Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Think out of the box

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Apr 18, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Think out of the box

Imagine this ...

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it's raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car? car insurance

Think a little before you continue reading...

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

- You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first;
    - Or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect hance to pay him back.house insurance
    - However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my Old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought
    limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box."

One more!

An inspirational & funny story ...

When NASA began the launch of astronauts into space, they found out that the pens wouldn't work at zero gravity (ink won't flow down to the writing surface). To solve this problem, it took them one decade and $12 million. They developed a pen that worked at zero gravity, upside down, underwater, in practically any surface including crystal and in a temperature range from below freezing to over 300 degrees C.

And what did the Russians do ?

They used a pencil.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thats kinda what I was thinking. I thought something about giving my keys to one of them and letting them take another. I just read it in aobut 5 seconds. So i didn't come to the conclusion of sitting with my dream girl. But that's pretty cool!

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

you could look at it this way, the old hag is gonna die anyways so why waste your time rushing her to the hospital and risking getting in a wreck cause your in such a hurry. did she every bake you some cookies? I dont think so. the dream girl you allways wanted, you cant really trust her as far as you could kick her cause all the hot ones are allways looking for someone better. and every swinging di*k out there wants a piece of that. she may be YOUR dream girl but are YOU her dream man? then theres your friend who's probably pissed cause he feels you did not thank him enough for saving your misserable life so the first chance he gets to f**k you over he probably will......by f**king your deram girl behind your back. so the best way to handle that situation is to fly by and get real close to the curb and hit the puddle of water in the gutter and splash dirty gutter water all over them while laughing out loud and flipping them the bird. thats the option I think would choose. :D hows that for thinking out side the box.

4. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

Love that.:D

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yesss!!!!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: .....LMAO!!!!!
    I think we must share the same brain!!..its like you posted MY thoughts exactly!!...:p: ...:wink1:

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

not bad for off the top of my head if I do say so myself. it came to me like a vision. :D

7. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ****in' hillarious dood !!!:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

but pencils don't write under water and on some surfaces,,,:confused:

our $12,000,000 pens will do everything we need them to do,,,:doah: :D