Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Think the t-case is already lowered......check it out.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jan 23, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I just went outside and looked underneath to see if I had those spacing things on the crossmember like Daweson444 had on his. Well, I do, and well, they are between the frame and crossmember already. They are where everyone has told me to put them. You guys said to put them between the frame and crossmember right? Are they normal between the bolt and crossmember like Dawson444's pic? Let me know.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

you got it. that is what everyone has been telling me to do. i am doing it tonight. lowered = spacers between the fram and crossmember. good luck

baja surf nazi

3. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I cannot seem to find any photos or dawsen444 pics...I am doing this and just want to make sure it is lowered?
    How can I see whazzzzzzzzzz Downnnnnnnnnnnnnn?

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

This is how I understand it:

The engine-tranny-t-case is held upp by the rubber feet that are the engine mounts, and then the end of the drivetrain line "rest's" on the crossmember that goes under the t-case. If you lower that crossmember it tilts everything down. The rubber feet will just twist a litle which is "OK"
    They do it on the new big trucks all the time if there is vibration. It's just a simple angle adjustment.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

To see Dawson444's pics, go to "search" then put in the keywords like "t-case" and it will pop up. Ok, well it's already been lowered. I just wanted to make sure that I was looking at the darn thing right. On my '87 Jimmy that got stolen over the summer, I didn't drop the t-case eventhough I had a 6" lift. I did get the driveshafts lengthened, but that's all. Worked just fine. No vibrations or u-joint wear and tear. Thanks.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos