Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

think this well fit?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 1BadK-30, Oct 4, 2006.

1. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Honestly, you could get a local car stereo shop too build a custom enclosure for a 12" subwoofer. That, and the sub should cost less then the $499.99 for the one in the link. Okay, the one in the link includes a built in amp. I still think I'd go with a custom built enclosure, a 12 or even a pair of 12's if there is enough air space for a pair. and a class D mono block amp. Now you can build the enclosure yourself and save even more money. Do your research on some subwoofers. Some preform very well in smaller enclosures (require less air space).

3. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

yes, i totaly agree the price is way to much, and if i was really lookin into buying one id custom build it myself, or get a shop to do it.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, five hundred bucks is pretty steep for a 10 with a 250 watt amp if you ask me.

5. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Not to mention... its a single 10 with TWO passive radiators. That just screams quality right there. :rolleyes: God only knows what that thing must be tuned to.

That's a gimmicky enclosure. They tout it for its size, yet its over 30" wide and only houses a single 10" driver. A vented enclosure would have accomplished the same thing with much less surface area, but it wouldn't have fooled unsuspecting observers into thinking there's really 3 speakers there.

Id pass if I were you.

6. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

ya im not gonna buy it was just wondering what you guys thought, i guess im a victom of thinking there was 3 10's. I should have read more carefully over the specs.:doah:

7. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ebay has them for much less.. I have one in my 95 regular cab. It works quite well. I know its not the best that could be had, but for the ebay price I paid, its been great!

John

8. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

could anyone explain what the two passive radiators are for? i believe it would allow ventilation?

9. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

As the speaker cone moves back and forth, it builds up pressure within the enclosure. A passive radiator is basically a speaker without the motor (frame/cone/suspension). As the powered speaker's cone moves and builds the pressure inside the box, it forces the passive cone(s) to move, thus adding output. The diameter of the passive radiator and the weight of it determines its tuning characteristics. You tune them by size and weight much like you would tune a ported enclosure by varying the port size.

10. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

thanks a bunch that explain alot :waytogo:

11. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Glad to help. :D