Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Think your day was bad??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Set back, let me tell you a story of a BAD day.

I've been looking for a jeep kinda off an on for awhile now, a good jeep for a good price. Well I found one. Gave 800.00 for it, and it is a A-1 jeep. 76 cj5, just what i was looking for. NEVER been abused. I"ve traced the other 2 owners and all OLD men. Anyways, Since i came into such good luck, inevitable i would come across some BAD luck.

Today it happend.

First, we go to the range for Swat training, shooting the piss out of targets when my gun goes misfires. No big deal, Tap Rack, Click. Okay, Tap Rack, Click. hmmmm, Change mags, tap rack, click. Not good. Ends up the firing pin on my beretta decided to give up.

So I'm going home in my jeep, with the bikini top on about 60mph when not one, but both rear straps decide to break. That is NOT fun. I dont know if anybody here has had that happen to them, but that bikini top will beat the Snot out of you at 60mph. That sucks.

Get home and realize i have brand new soft top in my garage, so not that bad. But its turning fall, So i decide to try an figure out how to install the soft top. I felt like a monkey doing a algebra problem. Get the dang thing 1/2 on and rip the passener side flap that snaps onto the windshield. NOT GOOD.

So now, I've got to get my beretta fixed, my soft top fixed, figure out how to install the frickin thing and try not to get so mad I throw tools.

That brings me to a question, Is there a way to get my flap sewed back on there and is there some website that tells how to install the dang thing.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Thank you for your time. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Should be able to take it to an upholstery shop and they can sew it on for ya. Don't think a regular sewing machine will work and hand sewing that thick stuff would just suck

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey you still have your eyes and arms and are still sucking air, good enough!

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Every day above ground is a good one.../forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene