Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Think YOU'RE behind schedule?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 4, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Think YOU\'RE behind schedule?

It's November 4th, 2004. Do you know where your snowplow is?

My '87 body:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Needs to go onto this '83 frame:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And after I replace gaskets, add an Edelbrock intake, and re-wire the '87 body to the '83 frame using a '79 wiring harness, I'm hoping it will start and run so I can mount the plow.
    [​IMG]

Oh, and it's supposed to be done before it snows. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Re: Think YOU\'RE behind schedule?

You should be done by Monday morning. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Good luck with that project. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

hopefully it doesn't snow much before you finish. GOod luck! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

You are so screwed /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

thats no big deal me and supersize did something like that in one night /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif just buy a 12 pack of redbull, crank up the tunes and go for it /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

6. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

and isn't is supposed to snow here next week??? You'd better hurry

7. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

will work for beer and a dana 60 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

heh, my goal was to have mine up and running by May '04. just got the 60 in tonight, and the bed back on. still needs motor/trans/case installed, driveshafts, SRW hubs on the 60, crossover, lockers, swap some gears over into the FF, and put the front sheetmetal back on. May '05 is looking good. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

BTW, my plow truck runs. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

If I had ONLY this to work on, and had the whole weekend to work on it, and wasn't waiting on a few other parts needed, it could be close to done by Monday.

However, I have to go out of town tomorrow, swap axles under a shortbed from a Blazer, pull a motor/tranny/T-case out of that Blazer, put some stuff away in a starage shed;

Then go to the other place where about at least 7 vehicles need to be moved an parked before winter, winterized, and 2 camp trailers and 4 campers need to be put under cover. I have to work a bit on my brothers truck to make it 4x ready for winter. Then round up parts I need to bring home with me to sell for money so I can pay for a CUCV I'm buying, which I need to swap axles in, then re-sell;

But not before I put a motor in the shortbed that I have to pull out of a '79 truck, and stick a 203 in the sb (keeping the 205), so I can put it up for sale about the same time I try and sell Brutus a '77 Crew cab, after I swap out the rear axle in it and replace the front fenders.

By this time, I'd like to have the plow truck body swap done, and be able to fire it up and mount the plow. But I can't forget that motorhome clogging up in-town space that I need to move somewhere after I put a tranny and T-case in a flatbed thats here so I can move it.

After the shortbed, CUCV and Brutus sell, I can buy the next rig in line from a friend, and begin to keep the axles and motor from it, swapping a 350 from another truck I need to finish buying, into it, along with a 350/208 and regular 3/4 ton axles that I kept from the shortbed. Then it can go up for sale.

I also need to finish parting out 3 other rigs, tear apart the front end on the Orange Blazer, and get a decent set of tires on my Crew cab. This fall's projects of fixing the Suburban, Truck Blazer, and Camo Blazer are now on hold.

By this time, it should be Christmas. (I'm thinking my Christmas lights wont be making an appearance this year).

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey those "reality" shows build, paint and completely restore/customize a vehicle in only a week..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Call up Foose or Xzibit and see if they can come over. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey those "reality" shows build, paint and completely restore/customize a vehicle in only a week..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Call up Foose or Xzibit and see if they can come over. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

OR PLAN B [​IMG]

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I too am pretty far behind schedule--I should have had my diesel ready for plowing a long time ago--but when the motor croaked in my 79 C10,it took a month of parts swapping to get it back in service--in the meantime I saw several trucks I should have bought,including a diesel 4x4 with a plow for 600 bucks,and another diesel K10 with a 4 speed and NP241 got crushed at the boneyard before I got there with some cash--now the want ad book has several other trucks like my 74 with plows for 500-700 dollar range,also an 84 diesel burb for 400--so many trucks,so little cash--I dont even want to spend the 30 bucks for gas just to go look at them,nevemind buying one and paying 100 bucks to get it home.I should get a trailer--I want to get another truck like my 74 K20 so I can swap the flatbed and crane onto it--I've seen mostly 1/2 tons for sale.but I dont think I really need a 3/4 ton--it would be nice,but not absolutely nessasary--I could swap my 3/4 to 14 bolt SF in a half ton if I had too,but I've been pretty lame about getting things in order for winter so far--the weather has been preety lousy here much of the time.And of course I see several burbs for sale at the same time!--I'd like to get one and sell my van,that way I'd still have another plow rig and a multi-passenger vehicle,kill 2 birds with one stone. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifBut I need the flatbed more right now--got enough scrap and the leftovers from my 74 K20 to sell for 70 bucks a ton to almost pay for another truck--I have to get moving before it really gets cold or snows,or the scrap prices drop again.If I had my way,there would be at least 6 trucks in my yard!!--but my bank account will barley let me keep what I have now running and registered.The tranny lines on the diesel need to be done over--they still have rubber hose spliced on them from last years "quickie"fix--and the rear axle seal is leaking onto the brakes,and it needs wheel cylinders and shoes,the master cylinder is losing fluid from the rear chamber--hope nothing else gives out on it this winter--the oil cooler lines are pretty crispy too.
    I heard of another 84 K10 yesterday I have to check out--it already has no bed,perfect for me--less work to put mine on,if I dont have to remove one first!-The guy bought the truck just for its bed and it sat for 2 years,so I dont expect it to have a decent body--as long as it has a solid frame and is titled,I can use my 74 K20 for parts to build it again.If I had about a grand to spend,I could buy another K-truck and a burb--then sell off my van and the scrap and leftovers from the 74 to recoup some of my losses.Its a nice sunny day today for once--but the wind is gusting to 55 mph and its barely 50 degrees--guess this is as good as it gets for weather this month--between getting dark too early and the weather,all I seem to do is watch deals slip away,and not much gets accomplished--and taking care of my Mom wastes a lot of valuable time too,but she may not be with me much longer--that too makes me not want to bring more trucks in the yard--things might change drasticlly after her passing. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifI think its going to be a long cold winter here again--coldest one on record last year--it got to 20 below a few times,a hole week it never went above 10 degrees,and it was windy as hell,but not much snow--not good for making any money plowing! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    My christmas light shouldn't be a problem--I left them on the garage all year!All I have to do is plug them in--hopefully I wont have to screw with them and they will come right on--if they dont,oh well--Santa might not be able to find my house. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

13. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

plan b, now thats funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. two bad i dont have that problem /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You are so screwed /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought exactly!! I plowed for 7 hours last Sunday (Halloween) night. You'd better get the lead out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

schedules...to hell with those, everytime i set a date to be done it just keeps gettin pushed back /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

16. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

I live in Alabama...what's a snowplow ? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Good luck getting it done.