Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinkin of moving...

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by js4x4, Sep 24, 2004.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

to Arkansas. I don't know anything about the place, except if I go I'll have a job waitin' and a place to live. I don't know if I'm gonna do it or not, so am lookin for some pro's and con's of Arkansas. All i know is, its a dry county...dang, and i like my beers! Thanks guys!!

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Where abouts in Arkansas are you looking at moving to? As far as the state itself goes, its not that bad. If you are into outdoors type stuff like camping, fishing, hiking, hunting, etc, you'll love it. If you are more into the downtown nightlife, there is plenty of that around the greater Little Rock area, which is where I live. Its not that bad all in all, but like any place, its all what you make it.

Kris

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

near fayetteville (sp?) ...northwest corner (beaver lake area)

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Re: Thinking of moving...

I have personally never been up that way, but some of the guys I've worked with have and have said its very beautiful country. Its pretty hilly as you are getting up into the Ozark Mountains up there. Lots of fishing on lakes and a few rivers I believe too. Fayetteville is a huge college town too. University of Arkansas's main campus is up there. It gets crazy on games weekends, and I'm sure its like any other big college all the rest of the time. Hopefully that helps a little. If you have any other questions, ask away, and I'll try and help.

Kris

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif thanks, appreciate it. I need to get my resume together, and may be out that way in a few weeks to interview. We'll see.

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

BigJ lives in Arkansas I believe. He's a mod here. He may have an opinion. I have never stopped in Arkansas, just drove thru. NW should put you in the southern Ozark hills and Hot springs area ( I think)

7. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

NW Arkansas would be the Ozarks, but Hot Springs is farther south than Little Rock. BigJ lives about an hour from me. We both run in the same club. I don't know if he has been up there though. PM him and see what he has to say.

Kris