Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking about a 3/4 ton crew cab, need opinions/thoughts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shane74, Dec 9, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That says it all. I am thinking about getting a '97 or newer 3/4 ton crew cab 4x4. It won't see hardly any serious off roading. I am looking for mainly a truck to pull a camp trailer, boat, etc. and also haul the family fairly comfortably. I am looking for opinions on ride, reliability, etc.

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I know it's not the same as what you are talking about but it's close. My parents had a 97 GMC C3500 dually double cab a couple years ago. It had the Vortec 454 and auto tranny. There was plenty of room for my brother and me to ride in the back and I'm 6'3. It was a pretty rough ride in the back because the rear of the truck would bounce around, but it was really smooth with a load. I'm sure the 3/4 ton would be a lot smoother.

3. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Thinking about a 3/4 ton crew cab, need opinions/thoughts *DELETED*

Post deleted by klinkk5

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You bought a 00 with a 350? I thought they didn't put the older engines in the newer trucks...

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

2000 was the last year for the c/k body style in the 2500HD and 3500 models and you could still get the 5.7 liter and 7.4 liter Vortec motors in them. 2001 was the first year for the new 2500HD and 3500 GM trucks with the 6.0 liter as standard engine and the 8.1 liter and Duramax as options. They did start the light duty 2500 in 99 with the newer body style and 6.0 liter engine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

How about a Burb? All the comfort you could want and towing/kid hauling. I'm kinda partial to them now............. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Thanks everyone!

Frank, a burb is also on our list. It's pretty short list. lol. It will either be a burb like what you picked up, or a crew cab. I am more partial to a burb, but the wife really wants a newer rig w/ a warranty and all that jazz. Hey, if she'll let me buy a crew cab duramax, I'm not gonna bitch! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif