Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking about a new truck......opinions...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My old 96 C-1500 reguler cab is getting a little long in the tooth and With My 6 1/2 month old Daughter there is no room for Her so We're always in the Wifes car. I dont need a truck to tow with or haul anything other than some trash and some odds and ends now and then so I don't need a big truck. Diesel is now $3.17 here so thats out not to mention I don't need one. So I have been looking at the 2WD Dodge Dakota Quad cabs. They got good room inside and they look pretty good to boot not to mention they have good power. I looked at a Colorado 4DR :rolleyes: what a POS that thing is Me and the wife were rubbing elbows and the interior was cheap looking plastic that looked 10 years out of date. Oh and the 5 cyl was a turd. The 4dr Frontier's and Tacomas arnt much better on room than the Craparado and are a little pricy.
    So Im leaning twords the Dakota for the power, room and the employee discount with $2500 cash back.

So give Me the good and bad on the Dakota, cause I haven't heard anything bad yet.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah, I have an opinion.........

You're a first class FOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

A couple of guys at work have them and they are pretty nice. If they hadnt made them so ugly last year I'd look at one for a commuter ride.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Not the opinion I was looking for but just what I would expect from someone who drives a Hindu Accent :D

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What are You talking about they look cool, damn it!!! Better looking than the rest of the small trucks :p:

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My boss just got a 04 or 05 cant remember which, its nice looking truck, charcoal, 4x4 5 speed. He likes it better then the extended cab 2wd Ram he had.

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

True the colorado is fugly..but the dakota looked better in 02

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

So i guess you were a dumbass, and sold the minivan? If i was forced to get a family car, id get a 4 runner, like a older one, they run forever, and have good space. :thumb:

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Whatever you do, don't get a red Chevy pickup. Seems everytime we're looking for some bad guys in a pickup, they are driving a red Chevy.

And on the flip side, take a drive up to Canada and slap some socialable into our friend................................ :D

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

No the van is the Wifes car. 4 Runners are ok but I need some sort of a bed to haul My trash to the dump or a dirty part now and then. Dumbass!

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

:D *Smack smack smack**

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Don't worry the new Chevy trucks just do nothing at all for Me. Not to mention I haul those POS in to the dealer all the time cause they just break down and fall apart all the time.
    As for that jarhead looking Albertain, His pimp slap will be well deserved.

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Maybe, but it will take about twice the man you are to give it to me..........

Ya' big pussy. The guy shows up once every 60 days and then acts like THE BIG man. What a tough cookie!!!!:shocked: My knees are shaking.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :pimp:

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What about the new Blazer ??? [​IMG] It looks like it'd be big enough for your needs. I know they come in both 2wd and 4wd as well as 2-door and 4-door.

15. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

From what I've seen down here the full size 1500 is about the same price. Gas mileage is negligible in difference also...

My dad has a V8 Dakota and seems to like it well enough. It did pull my travel trailer for a short trip. Didn't like the hills much, but it did it.

Scott

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Paul buddy go back and reread what I said. I said I need something with a bed. As for the Blazer or any new Chevy You couldn't run fast enough to give Me one of those POS. Not to mention I dont like the looks of anything GM builds other than the Vett and thats a pipe dream.

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The 1500's are nice but they dont have as good of rear leg room as the Dakota does strange enough.
    Im up in arms right now if I want a V6 or a V8. Gas is super high here right now $2.98 reguler and has been going up every other day. I got a couple friends who have bought diesel's in the last year for fuel economy and are not happy with diesel now selling in our area for $3.23 and going up.

18. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

New Blazer? Whats so new about it? Nothing is new, that pile of crap is the same as its always been, Im pretty sure its dead completely after this model year. Those baby Blazers are junk plain and simple

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I saw a new dakota tonight... Man, I do not like the new nose. They had a good thing going when they rounded everything out, now they're going back to edges, and it looks goofy to me. Like Paul's old avatar of the robot dude...

20. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i think the new dekotas look dumb, dodge always lead the pack in new looks, and now they are following the furds?!?!? what gives?

unless the was taken from them and rushed into production.

i always see the "spy pics' of new cars and they camo the look of them and the body put old headlight ect. so you cant see what it looks like. maybe furd swiped it from dodge unlikely but.....