Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thinking about a SM465

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77crewcab, May 8, 2005.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

I have been planning on putting in a rebuilt th400 in my crew but lately have given serious thought to the 465. I can get a complete pedal set, but what else would I need to go from auto to man. I have read the conversion write up in the tech section but I am looking for a parts list and expected price amounts. I am trying to compare to overall cost of swapping to man or putting in a rebuilt 400. The 400 will run me about 600 total just trying to compare the cost of the two really.

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I just bought my 465/205 for $200. Add a few bucks for a bell housing and the pedals, get a new clutch kit and flywheel, and you're sitting around $400. It all depends on how resourceful you can be, and how much time you're willing to spend looking around for the best deal.

3. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Thanks I take it a 2wd 465 would be slightly less in price so I should be able to swap for say under 500 that sounds pretty good. Any suggestion on where to get a clutch ang flywheel?

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Ah, so its a 2WD. That simplifies things - no t-case and only one driveline to worry about. I just got my clutch/flywheel from Schucks cause it was easy, don't know if that's the best option. You will either need to find the driveline out of a truck like yours with a 4-speed, or probably have yours lengthened.