Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thinking about an RC....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NEK5, Feb 4, 2007.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

should I just go ahead and make a trade for a revo? or pick up a nylint rockcrawler....it looks as though they are discontinued....I`m just looking for something to screw around with, maybe take it out in the woods at my buddys house....

2. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

dont do it...youll spend so much money on them:doah:

3. NEK5

lol, well, I`m gonna be trading some parts for one....so I think It will be good.....

4. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

my T-maxx was awesome, got out of it... now im getting rid of it. Put a loot of money into it that I coulda spent on something else for the time being. I think the truck alone was 500 dollars which i didnt pay but i put well over 200 dollars into it. Never gonna get close to that out of it though

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

heh, nylint, i have 2, they are perpetually broken...

6. NEK5

????

7. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

????

they are fun, but i forever break them... the first one i killed with about 2" of water... and the 2nd one only steers halfway to the left...

8. NEK5

Yea, they looked fun...but now that you mention that, I`m gonna go retract my bids on ebay, and just go through with the trade for the revo:crazy:

9. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Dont do the Nylint. They arent being made anymore. I think I read that they were having issues with Wally World and stopped the manufacturing. You might want to check www.rccrawler.com if you are wanting to do a crawler. The scale rigs section has some bad ass stuff that made me want to build one. Will start it up when I get all my crap out of storage and get somewhere to live.

10. tomford

tomford 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i agree, i got one a while ago and all i did was put money into it after i broke it

11. NEK5

yea, I used to be real big into them, had a few different ones...

I`m just going to pick this one up, its a steal either way...I don`t plan on doing anything hardcore, no jumping or anything, just taking it out in the woods at my buddys house in NH.....just a little time killer....

12. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I thought the same thing. Just dont go hang out on any forums if you want to stay on the cheap. I wanted to have a light basher LST and ended up modifying damn near every part on it and jumping over 2 lane roads at the BMX track.

13. NEK5

lol, yea, I don`t plan on putting any money into it really, just gas and stuff like that..

I don`t plan on jumping it, so I shouldn`t break anything really, I just want to use it to cruise around out in the woods...the area behind my buddys house is all woods, and when we walked back there, it looked like it would be like a mini ORV park....

14. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

then don't go with a revo...get an e-maxx and be happy...
    an e-maxx has a butt load of torque which will be nice for the woods...it also gives you the option of shifting from first to second from the transmitter which will also be nice in the woods...when the revo spools up enough it'll shift regardless of where you are which will put a big load on the engine.
    Secondly nitro gets expensive quickly...if you go the electric route you'll spend money up front for battery packs and a charger but if you keep it clean you'll be set to go except for the parts you break. With nitro assuming you don't get pissed b/c it'll need to be tuned just about every time you go out you'll be spending money on fuel, after run oil, etc. but also every 4 gallons or so you need to rebuild the engine with a piston and sleeve or get a new engine.
    All of this is assuming you take the preventative measures and keep it cleaned out so that it doesn't get gummed up. :) Have fun!