Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking about engine swap...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HD, Sep 21, 2003.

1. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

Okay I’m thinking about swapping my ’75 350 with a ’91 350 out of a Blazer/Suburban/2500 what ever I find for a good price. This is something that is completely new to me. I will have a lot of questions, like will the engine motor mounts fit and will I be able to use my T350 transmission and has any one ever done this before? Are there any thoughts, comments, or advice? Like I said I’m just thinking about it, well let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

well everything will fit, except that 91 is TBI so you need all the wiring for that stuff. Someone else would know about the TH350 but I know that would work out, but maybe need a chip. You also should realize that TBI motors aren't performers. I'd look for some other motor, or build one and put fuel injection on it if thats your goal. Stock TBI motors are well dogs. Don't bite me for that one TBI boys, I've owned and driven TBIs and must say I am not a big fan of those motors.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You also should realize that TBI motors aren't performers. I'd look for some other motor, or build one and put fuel injection on it if thats your goal. Stock TBI motors are well dogs. Don't bite me for that one TBI boys, I've owned and driven TBIs and must say I am not a big fan of those motors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dawgs my butt /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif