Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking about future upgrade

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'll be useing 373 gears, starting off with 35" tires, but will have 37". Transmission is a TH-350, Now I'm thinking befor I move up to the 37"ers, that I'll want a "Doubler". My question is, will a TH-350 survive 37" tires / 373 gears with normal street driving, and some interstate trips ??? I would think the "Doubler" will do the trick off road, but what about in normal mode for to and from the trails ???

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

all depends on your tranny, Some last forever, some break, me personally im on my 4th 350, but ive just gotten cheap nickle ad rebuilds, Cassidy 79 flatbed, had his rebuilt for 500, and his has lasted him awhile, and i dont think it is showing any signs of crappin out, Another example is my other buddy, His 350 has been beat to [censored], and it still works fine, he accidently put it in reverse goin down the road at like 25 i know that isnt good, (although i didnt witness it,i belive him)

3. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

should be just fine. my 38.5's and 4.10s aren't doing too bad, although I wish they were more liek 4.88's or 5.13, but use what you got while you're poor right? lol

-Scott