Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thinking about getting a dodge 2500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by freeflow, Jun 28, 2006.

1. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

Well i think i have finally decided to get a newer truck for my dd and tow rig. And im looking for a dodge 2500 extended cab with da cummins. :D

So how much did all you guys pay for your dodge diesels?, and what years are the most reliable?

Thanks brad.

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Mine is a 2000 model SLT Laramie 4wd quad cab short bed with 3.54 gears and rear powr-loc that I rebuilt. I have a B&W gooseneck hitch and spray in bedliner in the bed and on the rocker panels. I get around 17-19 MPG depending on conditions. I gave $15 for it with 114K miles. If I had it to do again, I'd get a 5 or 6 speed instead of the auto. Also, I'm running a magnaflow exhaust and Banks Big Hoss Diesel Programmer. On paper, it should put 600 ft/lbs to the ground. If you can afford it, buy the 03 and up body style. They aren't as attractive, but a LOT of the little quirks have been upgraded. Plus, they have 4 wheel disc brakes and a gear driven limited slip instead of clutch type.