Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking about getting a jetski and making that my new project

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Bullet, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Got any Jetskier's here? I have a friend that works for my family that used to be a sponsored racer and he is talking me into getting a jet ski. So I think I am going to get an old fairly used Jet Ski and having this guy rebuild and beef up the engine. He said he can yank out, rebuild, and hop the engine up to 130-160HP under six hours

I need a new hobby and I think that it would look nice pullin up in the Jimmy up to the local lakes in a sleeper jetski. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

What do y'all think?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

we have a regular customer who has 11 of em. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I thought about getting one but I'd get carried away,LOL. Although with a move toIdaho coming up I'd be better of getting a snowmobile, which in the sand will spank a built banshee,LMAO!! (seen it done so many times)

I think it would be a cool idea for ya. get an old school one, sleeper 'ski /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Any kind of water sport is a great idea during those long, hot Texas summers! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, got a jetski. Lots of fun on those hot summer days. Mine is a older Kawie.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hopping up a 2 stroke motor means a few things, exhaust, heads, boring it out, porting, reed valves.... all means $$$. That guy give you a price quote? A bore kit for a snowmobile runs into 3+ thousand dollars. And you know what you get? Some bored out cylinders and pistons to match. Why is it I can just get a Chevy 350 and all 8 cylinders bored out for pennies in comparison? Whatever, we were heavy sled racers(my dad and myself), but they blow up a lot, break down, give you headaches, all the same as trucks. Its a viscious cycle this thing we call life, and in the end you die, its just how you decide to waste your time in between, and yes I said and meant waste... sorry I haven't taken my meds in days.

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Use to jetski(real jetski-kawasaki's-standups)on the Colorado river in Laughlin every summer with a neighbor(he owned them) To insane and fun. That is one crazy place, like spring break every weekend....oh, anyways back to the jetski. The guy had it "tricked" out with custom pipe, bored, etc and ran it on airplane fuel. Fast.

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

My friend estimated spending at least $800 which is a new prop, carb. ignition and heads. Something to that extent, but I trust the guy. I am not sure how many jetskis and boats he has but I know his latest jetski is a Kawasaki with a carbon fiber hull and he's going all out on the motor he estimated it will do speeds excess over 70 and can accelerate 0-60 very very fast. He said he saw a '97 Kawasaki, trailer and blown engine...$600 bucks. So we'll see if I get one since this summer I am not pouring everything I make into the Jimmy for once. Just time to sit back and wheel it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I want to build a new drag sled. Nice built triple motor, turbo, right suspension and track, could run 8s on the street. Someday I will do it. I've seen sleds that do 0-100 faster than some high end sports cars do 0-60, aka about 6 seconds flat. PSI Performance sells an Arctic Cat based Triple motor that makes 300 HP out of 1600ccs, naturally aspirated. That would do 0-100 in about 6 seconds easy. One hell of a ride too.

9. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah I have seen sled at the dragstrip, everyone was laughing till he got on it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Ran a 9 I think.

10. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

jet skis are a PITA. i rented 9 of them for the past two summers, and they constantly break. towards the end of last summer, we had no more than 4 running at once, the rest were either at the shop or being scavenged for parts. tempermental sonsabitches if you ask me.

140hp jet ski would FLY /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I loved my couch jetskis. But if you want to race or do stupid human tricks on your ski be prepared for busted eardrums, broken thumbs, broken ribs, massive bruising, empty wallets and one hell of a good tan. Its just too bad that you can't haul but one chick at a time on the back of it.

I have a `02 Kawasaki Ultra 150 with 15 hours on it sitting with a blown engine just waiting to get fixed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif