Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking about handles in side door (ideas)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stano, Feb 20, 2005.

1. stano

stano 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about handles inside the door to pull on to get into the K/5. Our 96 Suburban has a handle on the pass side of the windshield piller and wife likes that one. But the K/5 has nothing for handles and is not going to get running boards. Any ideas.

I was thinking about going to the salvage yard and seeing if I could get a couple of those suburban handles and mount them into the 87 K/5.

Any other ideas.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Got a roll bar or cage? Skyjacker and Smittybilt, among prolly others, make grab handles that velcro onto a bar or cage.

What you want is caled a "Jesus bar" or an "Oh-s&&t handle" in some circles, cuz it's what she says as she grabs onto it for deal life during interesting maneuvers :haha:

I would think you could just go to the hardware store and get a big drawer pull handle, mount it to the inside of the A pillar with sheet metal screws and call it good.

Since I have no top and limited sheetmetal, I am going the route of the velcro handles, especially when I go full cage.

-- A

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

you can get screw on handled but i wouldent do that, my buddy have them on his ford and they are rusting out and the holes are starting to ruct, he regrets them.

i think you idea about rapeing handles off a sub is a good one, happy hunting