Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking of buying a new truck, what do you think?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blaze, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

3/4 ton 454 94 Chevy 4x4

I'd be trading in my 92 Yukon 2-door. I may try and sell it outright, but I don't know if my concience will let me sell it for what I need to get out of it. I still owe $6k on it, but it needs a lot of work and I can barely afford to keep it. How much do you guys figure I can get for it if I sell it outright or if I trade it in? The guy at the gas station has been bugging me to sell it to him for a while now, so I may just see what he will give me for it. I love this truck, but it is time to throw in the towel and move on.

2. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Try edmunds.com or kbb.com to get an idea what your Yukon is worth.

Also, don't forget that the pickup may have money-hungry issues of its own.

Good luck,

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

kbb sucks. I know I can get at least $6k and they say $4k. I bet if I put some foreign POS that it would say it is worth more.

I think I may sell all my cars except for my Bandit TA and my S-10 Blazer and buy a nice truck, something newer with possibly a Duramax. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

The sad thing about buying a new(er) truck is the Avalanche front clip looks like butt, to me anyway.

Yep, kbb isn't any good, but it might at least give you a lowball figure to start from, at least.

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'm going to go for one of the trucks from right before the Avalanche frontend. I want a 2500 with a Duramax, but those are pricey. If I can unload all my cars and get some serious money in my business, I can probably afford one, or at least get close to payments I can afford. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

This really sucks, I always wanted a 2-door Yukon like mine, now I gotta sell it because it is a POS. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I'm going to go for one of the trucks from right before the Avalanche frontend. I want a 2500 with a Duramax, but those are pricey.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hear ya! Those avalanches are uuuglyyyy! I am going to buy a K2500HD with the duramax and allison, but a 01 or 02 with the cool looking front clip. One thing is though is chevy is reintroducing the K3500 SRW! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif But it has the lame avalanche clip. I really wan't the 1ton and I might swap out the av. clip for the cadi escalade clip(yeah, I know I know... but the escalade clip is better looking than the av. clip IMHO). I think I will go with a Whiplash 10" kit and 35's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Blaze,I would definantly get that 94' K2500! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Dude, you aren't kidding with the butt ugle fronts. Luckily the GMC versions still have the older style.

Mike

8. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Yep, the GMC is the only new pickup that I'd buy, just because they still have a decent looking clip.

Also, on the new 3500's, could you swap in the old HD clip and fenders??? Probably pricey, but it would be distinctive!